Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-10-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
Almamida
Addict
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 WAN / Voyage WiFi / Sony PRS 650
ePub > mobi both - Settings

Hi,

My computer died and I had to install everything on a new one. I have an issue though, I don't find a way to convert my ebooks to mobi in order to have a dual mobi I can send to Amazon cloud.

I remember vaguely I found years ago some settings that were allowing me to do the conversion correctly.

I've tried to do some conversion, removing the PDOC prefix and choosing the mobi dual, but when I send it to my Cloud, my Kindle seems to get only an old mobi (with cover)

Can someone help me with that?

Thank you
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:36 PM   #2
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2
It doesn't always work. Sometimes it does, sometimes not. Another way is to change the file extension of your epub from .epub to .txt and then send it to the Cloud. I've not tried it, but others have reported it works.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:49 PM   #3
Almamida
Addict
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, so, it's the Cloud that "randomly" mess things then.
I might try another time to see if the result differs.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:04 PM   #4
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2
I just tried the .epub to .txt method. It worked and I got the azw3 file on my Oasis (sent the renamed epub via the Send to Kindle app).
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:06 PM   #5
Almamida
Addict

nice, I'll try that. Thank you