Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 09:26 AM   #1
Hawkeye666+
Hawkeye666+ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Conversion problem EPUB to MOBI

I have started to get strange results when I convert. The new file appears to be readable and transfers to my Kindle Paperwhite OK but I get an error when I try to copy it to another Caliber library. This not only has started to occur with new conversions but also applies to prior conversions that copied OK at the time of the original conversion.

My error message for one book is:

calibre, version 3.39.0
ERROR: Failed to copy books: Could not copy any books, click "Show Details" for more information.

Failed to copy a book, see below for details

Copying: Odessa Sea-24~B1 failed, with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\copy_to_library.py", line 160, in _doit
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\copy_to_library.py", line 175, in do_one
File "site-packages\calibre\db\copy_to_library.py", line 109, in copy_one_book
File "site-packages\calibre\db\copy_to_library.py", line 63, in postprocess_copy
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 63, in call_func_with_lock
TypeError: set_conversion_options() takes at most 3 arguments (4 given)

I may have screwed up a setting somewhere but I have no idea what happened. Any help would be appreciated.
Hawkeye666+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:02 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
3.39 had problems
update to 3.39.1 (there is no notice on the .1 being availble for the same release)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:20 AM   #3
Hawkeye666+
Hawkeye666+ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
That appears to have done it. Thanks - I was not aware of the update. I seem to depend too much on the system advisory for changes. I will check the downloads page first the next time I have a problem.

Live and learn.
Hawkeye666+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:26 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye666+ View Post
That appears to have done it. Thanks - I was not aware of the update. I seem to depend too much on the system advisory for changes. I will check the downloads page first the next time I have a problem.

Live and learn.
There is a RSS feed from the whats new log. I just click on that and see the current ACTIVE versions (Kovid pulled 3.39 when the .1 was released)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote