Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 07:22 AM   #1
rd7l
rd7l began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Lines Broken

Good Morning. I'm new in this group and I'm from Brazil. I'm trying to convert a pdf to MOBI or AZW3 but the lines are getting broken, as in the figure below. How can I resolve this? Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de Tela (880).png
Views:	51
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	169579  
rd7l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:26 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd7l View Post
Good Morning. I'm new in this group and I'm from Brazil. I'm trying to convert a pdf to MOBI or AZW3 but the lines are getting broken, as in the figure below. How can I resolve this? Thank you
Read these sticky posts

Read this before Posting PDF Questions

How to ask a question about conversion problems

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:26 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please read this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118605
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:50 AM   #4
rd7l
rd7l began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sorry for I don't speak English well. This book I want to convert (MOBI or AZW3) is very large more 1000 pages). They are in pdf. The lines are broken when I convert them. Someone could help me because I never converted before. Please see the attachments. Thank you very much.

Last edited by HarryT; 02-08-2019 at 09:11 AM.
rd7l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:10 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please do not upload copyrighted material to MobileRead. Your attachments have been deleted.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:12 AM   #6
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback knows the complete value of PI to the enddeback knows the complete value of PI to the enddeback knows the complete value of PI to the enddeback knows the complete value of PI to the enddeback knows the complete value of PI to the enddeback knows the complete value of PI to the enddeback knows the complete value of PI to the enddeback knows the complete value of PI to the enddeback knows the complete value of PI to the enddeback knows the complete value of PI to the enddeback knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd7l View Post
Sorry for I don't speak English well. This book I want to convert (MOBI or AZW3) is very large more 1000 pages). They are in pdf. The lines are broken when I convert them. Someone could help me because I never converted before. Please see the attachments. Thank you very much.
Try this:

Under Common Options/Heuristic Processing, check the box to enable heuristic processing, and then check the box for Unwrap Lines and then enter 0.22 into the Line Un-wrap factor box.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote