Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-25-2020, 01:11 PM   #1
cr130
cr130 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad Air 2
Missing Text when using Booklover App

Hello All,

I am having some troubles that I just cant figure out.

Hopefully this is the correct spot for it.

I have a IPAD Air 2 and have been using the app called "Booklover" from the appstore.

Almost all the books I have put on it have worked great (almost all kids books).

The problem I am having is with a few of them where the text is missing in ever page (besides the cover page, credits, ect.).

I am trying to find a way to "merge" the text with the picture on the book (its a picture book).

The only supported file Booklover app supports is zip file, which I upload to cloud drive after converting using calibre.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to embed the text into the images (pages)?

I did also try using the merge fonts in calibre option but didn't help. I have been racking my mind trying to figure this out. I can send screenshots from my Ipad of how the text is missing. I am new to this ebook game so I appreciate the help.

Ebook Reader Device: iPad Air 2
Converting Software: Calibre (mobi to zip)
Ebook Reader App: Booklover
cr130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 02:32 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This is a comic book viewer meaning it views images. It doesn't view text that's not part of the image.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2020, 02:42 PM   #3
cr130

It shows its a comic book reader/ ebook reader, but that doesn't really matter.

I was trying to find out if there is a way to merge the text to the image.

anyone can assist?

Quote:
I am trying to find a way to "merge" the text with the picture on the book (its a picture book).
Quote:
Anyone have any suggestions on how to embed the text into the images (pages)?
This may be better suited in a different section. Mods, feel free to move if needed.

Last edited by cr130; 04-25-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:20 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just find an app to read these eBooks as they are originally. Trying to merge the text with the images is not something you really want to do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 05:41 PM   #5
cr130

Thanks but that doesn’t help, thanks for trying.

I have used all the different apps for eboooks and none of them fit my needs or display the other books correctly that work on the Booklover app.

I will try another avenue or just delete those books I guess.
Advert
Old 04-26-2020, 12:54 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The only way to make it automatic is to use a format that supports both such as SVG but comicbook readers don't support SVG. (There may be a way using PDF editor but not automatic) If you really want to do this you can use a pure graphics editor like IrfanView and cut an past the text on to the screen image one page at a time. The graphics editor can paste text on the screen but then it becomes graphics.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
booklover, calibre, ipad, no text