Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-07-2007, 10:36 AM   #16
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
No strings at all. What Baen gets from it is more paper books and ebooks sold.
Currently you can get over 170 ebooks from Baen that way.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #17
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
They actually trust their readers to want to compensate/encourage the authors.

Not surprising considering the philosophies inherent in most of the books they handle -- lets just say that they wouldn't appeal to petty pilfering personalities.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #18
Khisanthus
Khisanthus began at the beginning.

Device: soon...
Basically, demonstrate some limited ethics and buy one of their products or sample what you are interested in. Support what you like and be rewarded with trust. Ultimately it is a two way street. If you want more from them, be sure to buy some of what is out there.

edit: that said, I have completed sets that I couldn't find in the book store, but I also owned a lot of what I loaded on my reader in paper first.
Khisanthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #19
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
For me I'm actually more likely to have Baen stuff in both p and e format than only one or the other, but that's starting to change: now that I have something I'm trully comfortable with reading them on, I'm trying to buy e-versions directly, and not buy paper versions at all (I don't have any more shelf space!). I was a bit reluctant to buy only the e-version before I got my Sony Reader.

That being said, I admit that most of what I had electronically from them (Pre-Sony Reader) was from the CDs that came with some of the hardbacks I bought, and yeah, they did start me reading (and buying) other Baen authors. For instance I first read John Ringo in a free e-version of March Upcountry, I'd've most likely eventually tried him anyway, given that he was writing with David Weber on that one, but it sure sped the process up for me.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:20 PM   #20
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Obviously I support Baen as I've already purchased one of their books based on the strength of two of their "free library" books. Which BTW was included on this free cd. I was just suprised to see a free 'cd' of total series, especially when that series is one of the author's best selling. I had never heard of Baen cds before, so it seems I need to read about it some more.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2007, 05:42 AM   #21
jriihi
jriihi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Apple iPad
Well here is excellent free story that never has been released as books:
http://www.sennadar.com/
Firestaff Collection (5 books)

I found some website that has those as 1 pdf per book but dont remember url.
jriihi is offline   Reply With Quote