Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-27-2024, 02:34 AM   #1
baursak
baursak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2021) Signature Edition
not only "To read" OR "Done read"

So, - life goes on...
- my custom column of logical 'yes/no' type ('To read' / 'Done read') doesn't seem to be universal enough
- now I need to have 'in-between' attribute in addition
- something like 'In doubt'
- how can I make appropriate custom column instead of the following
baursak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 03:57 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have a "Read" column. The yes/no checkbox can be three state - tick, cross and unchecked. I use tick for those I've finished reading, cross from those I haven't read yet, and leave it blank for those I've decided I'm not going to read.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2024, 04:06 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by baursak View Post
- how can I make appropriate custom column instead of the following
Maybe something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-27 190245.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	207185

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 04:19 AM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Enumerated column is the easiest method.

My method is to have a #percentread column and then use a template to then translate that into a reading status. This is mainly becuase Kobo Utilities can populate the percentread from my device.

Here's a simplified version of the template I use:

Code:
program:

percent = $$#percentread;

if (percent >=#1 && percent <=#99)
	then 'Currently Reading' 

elif percent >=#100
	then 'Read' 

elif percent == 'None'
	then '' 

elif percent >=#0
	then 'Unread' 

fi

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-27-2024 at 04:45 AM. Reason: mild code changes
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 05:17 AM   #5
baursak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Maybe something like this:

Attachment 207185

BR
thank you
- since VL with 'Read' value contains books with both 'Read' and 'Not Read' attributes - I slightly modified attributes to avoid such interference
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre mine custom column 2024-03-27 112459.png
Views:	43
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	207186  
Advert
Old 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM   #6
baursak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I have a "Read" column. The yes/no checkbox can be three state - tick, cross and unchecked. I use tick for those I've finished reading, cross from those I haven't read yet, and leave it blank for those I've decided I'm not going to read.
my point is to have the ability to hide books with unnecessary statuses from the list
- to filter the list
Old 03-27-2024, 11:53 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by baursak View Post
my point is to have the ability to hide books with unnecessary statuses from the list
- to filter the list
Virtual Libraries. I have an "Unread" virtual library that only shows books that have a cross in my "Read" column.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote