Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-04-2024, 08:21 AM   #1
FacetiousKnave
Unconscionable
FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Thumbs down Mismatch between Calibre and Kindle

CONTEXT:

I have around 2000 ebooks (documents, not purchased) on a Kindle, duly synchronized with the Amazon cloud.

These very ebooks are also in my Calibre library.

Most of these documents are in Spanish, so some of them have special accents in the titles.

THE PROBLEM:

When I connect my Kindle to Calibre, I notice that only the ebooks whose titles have no special accents are recognized as being in both the Kindle and the Calibre library.

EXAMPLE:

If I connect the Kindle device to Calibre, the ebook further below is shown as only on my Calibre library but not my Kindle:

La desaparición de los rituales - Byung-Chul Han

Notice the accent on the second word "ó."

I know for a fact that I have that document on my Kindle since I read it on it.

This also happens to every single ebook that has an accent as described before.

QUESTION:

Is there any way to fix this? I use Calibre as a backup library, and I need to know what books I might have on my Kindle but not in my Calibre library. Without being able to check the matches accurately, the task is becoming difficult.
FacetiousKnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 08:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you send th ebooks using calibre to the kindle they will be matched provided nothing happens to the metadata.calibre file on the Kindle. Otherwise you can manually match them, but I doubt thats feasible for 2000 books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2024, 09:37 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Another reason the Amazon so called Cloud only has the books I buy off Amazon and the Kindles are never sync to Amazon. But I don't use Prime or Unlimited.

You will eventually have this problem with any device/gadget that's synced to two different host systems.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 11:10 AM   #4
FacetiousKnave
Unconscionable
FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
I totally understand what you mean. I would much prefer managing my Kindle documents with Calibre and relying on a single system. However, as far as I understand, the only way to create folders on a Kindle is through Amazon system. Folders are essential to me because I have organized them by author. I hope that in the future, there is a way to achieve this with Calibre.
FacetiousKnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 11:16 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacetiousKnave View Post
I totally understand what you mean. I would much prefer managing my Kindle documents with Calibre and relying on a single system. However, as far as I understand, the only way to create folders on a Kindle is through Amazon system. Folders are essential to me because I have organized them by author. I hope that in the future, there is a way to achieve this with Calibre.
No, there won't be. The Kindle database is not accessible to third-party programs and so Calibre cannot create collections on a Kindle.

If you sideload extensively and want to manage everything with Calibre, your best option would be a Kobo or a Pocketbook, not a Kindle.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, help calbire, kindle, library, mismatch