Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-27-2023, 07:54 PM   #1
Rickkins
Groupie
Rickkins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite G000PP(5.10.0.2)
Installing KUAL & KOReader...

I know KUAL has to be installed first, and I've read the instructions and tried it, to no avail....

Can anyone help..??
Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 09:48 PM   #2
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
It is in a STICKY topic here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320564
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2023, 07:12 AM   #3
Rickkins
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkasit View Post
Yes, I absolutely tried that, got nowhere. Obviously I messing up somewhere...
Old 02-28-2023, 08:30 AM   #4
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
Could you share EXACTLY what you did step-by-step in-details, which file you used, and where you copied to? Like my sharing.

BTW, what is your Kindle software version?

Last edited by tekkasit; 02-28-2023 at 08:32 AM.
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 09:06 AM   #5
Rickkins
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkasit View Post
Could you share EXACTLY what you did step-by-step in-details, which file you used, and where you copied to? Like my sharing.

BTW, what is your Kindle software version?
Shit, I forgot to include that, sorry.
11th gen 5.14.2

I'm gonna try again, so what I tried is fresh in my mind...
Advert
Old 02-28-2023, 09:20 AM   #6
Rickkins
Groupie

Ok, so I've tried the following:
Placed kual-mrinstaller in root directory and rebooted- nothing.
Placed it in documents and rebooted- nothing.
Tried the same with KUAL 2.7.29, nothing.

I have actually managed to do this on 3 occasions over maybe 12yrs or so, but every time it stretches my limited abilities to the limit.
Thanks.
Old 02-28-2023, 12:37 PM   #7
luketheduke
Connoisseur
luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.

Device: PW3, PW2, KT2, 2xKT, 2xK3G
Could you go here and find out the nickname of your device?
luketheduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 01:16 PM   #8
Rickkins
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luketheduke View Post
Could you go here and find out the nickname of your device?

G001PX Kindle PaperWhite 5 (2021) KPW5, PW5
Old 02-28-2023, 01:29 PM   #9
luketheduke
Connoisseur
luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
G001PX Kindle PaperWhite 5 (2021) KPW5, PW5
Go here and download `KUAL (coplate).`

Extract it and put `Update_KUALBooklet_ff4134d_install.bin` in the `mrpackages` folder on the kindle and enter `;log mrpi` into the search bar.

Last edited by luketheduke; 02-28-2023 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-28-2023, 01:33 PM   #10
Rickkins
Groupie

Quote:
Go here and download `KUAL (coplate)` extract it and put `Update_KUALBooklet_ff4134d_install.bin` in the `mrpackages` folder on the kindle and enter `;log mrpi` into the search bar.
I do not have the "mrpackages" on Kindle...
Old 02-28-2023, 01:43 PM   #11
luketheduke
Connoisseur

Quote:
Okay.

What happens when you type `;log mrpi` into the search bar and press enter?
Old 02-28-2023, 01:47 PM   #12
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Even though it is a KUAL extension, MobileRead Package Installer (MRPI) is required to install KUAL, which is a MobileRead package.

Follow the instructions in the first post of: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=251143

Read the spoiler contents.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 01:50 PM   #13
Rickkins
Groupie

Quote:
Okay.

What happens when you type `;log mrpi` into the search bar and press enter?

I get "mrpi is not installed".
Old 02-28-2023, 01:51 PM   #14
luketheduke
Connoisseur

Download `MR Package Installer` from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030.

Extract. Copy all files to Kindle.

Copy `Update_KUALBooklet_ff4134d_install.bin`to the new `mrpackages` folder.

Type `;log mrpi` into the search bar, press enter.
Old 02-28-2023, 01:55 PM   #15
Rickkins
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Even though it is a KUAL extension, MobileRead Package Installer (MRPI) is required to install KUAL, which is a MobileRead package.

Follow the instructions in the first post of: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=251143

Read the spoiler contents.
Yes, I believe this is where I'm failing, as I cannot seem to get this right for some reason. The instructions seem clear enough, but somehow I'm not getting it done...