Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-17-2015, 02:57 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Off-topic complaint

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254824

I've reported the Windows 10 thread (see link above) for being seriously off-topic with all the excess Linux discussion that has nothing at all to do with any version of Windows. So far it's been ignored. This makes the thread very off-topic. I did suggest that the Linux talk be separated into a different thread so it can continue. Given that at least one moderator is participating in the thread, I would have expected the off-topic warning.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I'm sorry you feel that way.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2015, 05:51 PM   #3
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way.
And I'm sorry you feel that way.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:29 PM   #4
jemc
Quietly Lurking...
jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, iDevices, others
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
And I'm sorry you feel that way.
And I'm sorry you're sorry he's sorry (rinse, repeat...)
jemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:02 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

murg, I think your wit is slipping. I want to see something original.
Advert
Old 05-17-2015, 11:17 PM   #6
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

I've reported the Windows 10 thread (see link above) for being seriously off-topic with all the excess Linux discussion that has nothing at all to do with any version of Windows. So far it's been ignored. This makes the thread very off-topic. I did suggest that the Linux talk be separated into a different thread so it can continue. Given that at least one moderator is participating in the thread, I would have expected the off-topic warning.
Off topic eh ......

Wouldn't happen in this thread.

Just people feeling sorry for themselves in this thread.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 05-17-2015 at 11:20 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:20 AM   #7
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Yes, because MobileRead threads **never** have off topic posts.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:20 PM   #8
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Is this the right thread to complain about petrol prices?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:57 PM   #9
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Is this the right thread to complain about petrol prices?
Now you've done it!

This will now become a Windows vs Linux thread, quickly followed by a Linux vs Linux thread.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:20 PM   #10
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Now you've done it!

This will now become a Windows vs Linux thread, quickly followed by a Linux vs Linux thread.
Wait--I thought this was where I was supposed to go to talk about how Amazon is evil, and all Kindles are inferior??

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:06 PM   #11
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Wait--I thought this was where I was supposed to go to talk about how Amazon is evil, and all Kindles are inferior??

Shari
Down with the commies! And... err... people whose politics I don't like! The youth of today are destroying America! (Says a part-time youth...)

Morality has gone out the window with the rise of atheism!
Racism is all the fault of the filthy god-botherers!

Aliens (the martian ones) are flooding our streets!

Also Kobo is in violation of the GPL. The criminals. Baby-killers the lot of them.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:24 AM   #12
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Is is unquestionable that the thread has drifted off-topic, but what else is new with Windows 10 since the last on-topic post? I hope that when W10 is released for everyone that the thread will return to the topic, but in the meantime there really isn't a whole lot that can be said about Windows 10 that hasn't been said. If the Linux v. Windows posts had been split off when they first began to appear, the thread would probably be completely dead by now. You're absolutely right when you state the Linux v. Windows posts should have their own thread, but at this point the posts are so interwoven that separating them would be a major task.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:26 PM   #13
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
You're absolutely right when you state the Linux v. Windows posts should have their own thread, but at this point the posts are so interwoven that separating them would be a major task.
Well, what are they paying you for?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:46 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Is is unquestionable that the thread has drifted off-topic, but what else is new with Windows 10 since the last on-topic post? I hope that when W10 is released for everyone that the thread will return to the topic, but in the meantime there really isn't a whole lot that can be said about Windows 10 that hasn't been said. If the Linux v. Windows posts had been split off when they first began to appear, the thread would probably be completely dead by now. You're absolutely right when you state the Linux v. Windows posts should have their own thread, but at this point the posts are so interwoven that separating them would be a major task.
Just move the posts from once the off-topic started. Then any you've moved that are on topic, move back and done.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #15
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Worse offtopics happen every day, be thankful everyone is at least sticking to computers.

I'm not sure I see what the big deal is...