Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-16-2015, 06:57 AM   #16
315jny
315jny can name that ebook in five words315jny can name that ebook in five words315jny can name that ebook in five words315jny can name that ebook in five words315jny can name that ebook in five words315jny can name that ebook in five words315jny can name that ebook in five words315jny can name that ebook in five words315jny can name that ebook in five words315jny can name that ebook in five words315jny can name that ebook in five words

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I see that you already own an iPad.

If there's something wrong with it, it might be worthwhile to check with Apple to see how much it would cost to get it repaired.

I have the original 16gig ipad 1 with a crack in the screen... 90% of the apps do not work on it and the crack is irritating. Apple said it would cost me $230 to fix the glass. :-(
315jny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:44 PM   #17
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by 315jny View Post
I have the original 16gig ipad 1 with a crack in the screen... 90% of the apps do not work on it and the crack is irritating. Apple said it would cost me $230 to fix the glass. :-(

That definitely sounds like it's fit for the trash, then.

The recommendations posted thus far should be helpful.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2015, 10:28 AM   #18
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
If you're still in the market, you can get a refurbished NOOK HD for $60. The one for sale is the 8GB model, but it has an SD Card slot that will take a card up to 32GB.

There's no camera or GPS, but it fits both your budget and your other criteria (the last several firmware updates have included the Google Play store).

If you go this route and want to put an SD Card in it, I recommend specifically getting a SanDisk Class 4 card. The NOOK HD is kind of finicky about the cards and other brands and speeds can either be slow or cause the tablet to reboot occasionally. I personally have the 8GB model with a 32GB card and really like it.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:13 PM   #19
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
If you're still in the market, you can get a refurbished NOOK HD for $60. The one for sale is the 8GB model, but it has an SD Card slot that will take a card up to 32GB.

There's no camera or GPS, but it fits both your budget and your other criteria (the last several firmware updates have included the Google Play store).

If you go this route and want to put an SD Card in it, I recommend specifically getting a SanDisk Class 4 card. The NOOK HD is kind of finicky about the cards and other brands and speeds can either be slow or cause the tablet to reboot occasionally. I personally have the 8GB model with a 32GB card and really like it.
I liked my Nook HD when I had one too but my only issue with it then and now is the charging cord is proprietary and only B&N make them, no third party cords exist and they are getting harder and harder to get a hold of.

Last edited by Josieb1; 03-18-2015 at 02:31 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #20
iluvgadgets
Connoisseur
iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle paperwhite
The iPad mini has been on sale as low as $199, that may be an option since you already have an iPad , it's just more portable . The kindle fires are also pretty reasonable right now .
iluvgadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert