Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2015, 04:40 AM   #1
renew
La force tranquille
renew began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Lightbulb Downgrading

Hi everyone.

I just got my Kindle so I'm a noob, and I needed these days to look for a way to downgrade its FW. I may have not looked properly, but I'm not new on the Internet and know how to look for something, and the informations seem to be buried here and there. I eventually found the answer, but I feel like this forum lacks a thread with clear instructions/links, hence this one. I hope it will be useful! Otherwise feel free to delete it

Where to download .bin packages: on [Link to copyright material deleted] (from 5.4.2 to 5.4.5.1).

How to downgrade: check this post by dsmid.

renew, out!

Last edited by pdurrant; 02-03-2015 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Amazon's firmware is copyright
renew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:34 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Please do not post links to unauthorised copies of copyright material. Thank you.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2015, 05:37 AM   #3
renew
La force tranquille

My bad, sorry, I didn't know.
Where could we find authorized copies, then?
Old 02-03-2015, 07:50 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by renew View Post
My bad, sorry, I didn't know.
Where could we find authorized copies, then?
Amazon Customer Service download server.

See reference notes of post #6 in the FGA (Frequently Given Answers) thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...81&postcount=6

(Right after the link to the downgrade HowTo)

Last edited by knc1; 02-03-2015 at 07:56 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:51 AM   #5
renew
La force tranquille

Ok thank you
Advert
Old 02-03-2015, 08:26 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
And here's a direct link to the post that tells you how to get them from Amazon.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downgrade