Notices

Old 01-28-2022, 06:49 AM   #46
Antioch
Connoisseur
Antioch began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There are options in the KoboTouchExtended driver.
Hmm. I must be doing something wrong because I don't see an option to enable kerning in the driver settings.

Where specifically should I expect to find it? If I need to put it in the CSS file, then what CSS specifically is needed for just kerning?

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KTE-Settings-1.png
Views:	101
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	191951   Click image for larger version

Name:	KTE-Settings-2.png
Views:	90
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	191952   Click image for larger version

Name:	KTE-Settings-3.png
Views:	85
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	191953  
Antioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 11:04 AM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
@Antioch, I was just having a look around and found this old thread that showed how to get kerning to work in KePub. Given that it's an old thread, I don't know if it's still valid. But you have nothing to lose by trying.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=259102
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2022, 11:03 PM   #48
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
Hmm. I must be doing something wrong because I don't see an option to enable kerning in the driver settings.

Where specifically should I expect to find it? If I need to put it in the CSS file, then what CSS specifically is needed for just kerning?

Thank you!
I was thinking there was something in the CSS that the extended driver added for kerning and ligatures, but, there isn't. It might have been discussed in the drivers discussion thread. Or it was in the Kobo forum.

There is a patch to the firmware that can turn it on. I suspect the existence of the patch is why the CSS change is not being mentioned.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 10:55 PM   #49
Glennza
Glennza began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
I'm sure I am just being stupid but when I send epubs to my Kobo Clara they convert to kepubs just fine. However, Calibre is also keeping a local copy of the kepub - contrary to what was stated in an early post...

"One reason there is no native KePub support is that most KePub are created on-the-fly when you send ePub to your Kobo using the KoboTouchExtended driver. The KePub is not kept in Calibre. Just the ePub."

I would prefer not to keep a copy of the kepub as it effectively doubles the size of my library.

I've tried everything but cannot work out how to prevent this behaviour. I know it's probably something stupid that I've missed but any help would be appreciated!
Glennza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 12:29 AM   #50
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Are you using the KoboTouchExtended driver or are you using Kepub Output plugin? As far as I know, the KTE can save the generated epub to a directory external to the calibre library but does not save it in your calibre library while the Kepub Output plugin generates the kepub as an extra book format in the calibre library.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2023, 12:54 AM   #51
Glennza

I'm using the KoboTouchExtended driver. On the first "File Formats" page, kepub is ticked. Maybe that should be epub or nothing?

No local folder is specified.
Old 02-15-2023, 04:42 AM   #52
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I'm using the KTE driver and no kepub is stored in my calibre library.

In the "Extended" tab of the driver, I have flagged only "Send books as kepub" and everything else is unflagged/blank

(in the first tab, "Files Format", I've ticked epub/kepub both)
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 06:40 AM   #53
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennza View Post
I'm using the KoboTouchExtended driver. On the first "File Formats" page, kepub is ticked. Maybe that should be epub or nothing?

No local folder is specified.
I think this should work:

If you never want to keep kepubs in your calibre library, on the 'File Formats' tab of KTE config, check 'epub' and uncheck 'kepub'.

If you may want to keep both epub and kepub in the library check both 'epub' and 'kepub' but move 'epub' higher up the list than 'kepub'.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 10:49 PM   #54
Glennza

Thanks everyone. That seems to have done the trick!