Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-07-2024, 06:22 PM   #1
Georgie W
Connoisseur
Georgie W began at the beginning.

Device: KT4 5.13.6
Unexpected changes to Calibre preferences

I use Calibre 3-4 times a week; I last updated it (to 7.5.1) in February. I opened Calibre a couple of days ago to find all my customised toolbars reset to the default, & the menubar gone. I recustomised them.

Today, my customised Edit Metadata layout had been reset to the default. The toolbars have stayed customised.

I haven't changed anything in Calibre or made any changes to my system settings (Win10) in the last few weeks.

Any thoughts?
Georgie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 06:59 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie W View Post
I use Calibre 3-4 times a week; I last updated it (to 7.5.1) in February. I opened Calibre a couple of days ago to find all my customised toolbars reset to the default, & the menubar gone. I recustomised them.

Today, my customised Edit Metadata layout had been reset to the default. The toolbars have stayed customised.

I haven't changed anything in Calibre or made any changes to my system settings (Win10) in the last few weeks.

Any thoughts?
You've lost some or all of your configuration folder contents - its default location is:

Code:
C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\calibre
Did you sign on to Windows with the same user name?

If you did then something removed or renamed something, maybe a 3rd party Anti Virus, or disk cleanup tool etc.

Do you have a backup of the Users folder?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:03 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Do you use any cloud sync, MS OneDrive or whatever?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:07 PM   #4
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
What BR said, but, for what it's worth, I will add that, on some occasions, I've seen some programs behave quite like that on Win 10. It would seem they were not saving any custom settings. Workaround then was running those programs as admin. This eventually ceased happening, or maybe I haven't noticed it happen again since some system/3rd party software change/update, can't tell really. However this has never happened with Calibre, in my case.

Last edited by Comfy.n; 03-07-2024 at 08:09 PM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, customisation, layout