Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-07-2023, 08:47 PM   #1
OllieQueen
OllieQueen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Porting Collections from old Fire to new Fire

Hi all,

I searched the forums but didn't see the answer (though I could've been searching improperly with the wrong search terms). My wife's Fire is losing battery power quickly and we were able to get a newer Fire from a family member who no longer uses it.

My question is this: I created a bunch of collections for my wife on her old Fire made up of books, most of which were side-loaded. Is there any way to transfer all those collections to her new Fire without having to recreate them all manually like I did initially?
OllieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 03:24 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The collections you created should still exist (check the Amazon account's Manage Your Content and Devices page).

However any side loaded content will need to be added to the collections manually as before.

Is there some reason you don't want to use Send To Kindle to add third party content?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote