Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-23-2016, 02:39 PM   #1
5y2SB
5y2SB began at the beginning.

Device: none
The Banggood vs AliExpress vs Pandawill topic

Hello!

I have recently - probably in common with many other mobileread.com readers - been spending countless hours watching various youtube review videos in order to gain a feeling for the pros and cons of the various devices.

Now that I have narrowed down the list of potential readers, it is time to decide where to buy! Some devices that have made my list, e.g. the Boyue T62+, are Chinese by origin and have good availability on sites such as banggood.com and aliexpress.com. Prices are far lower than those charged by retailers based in Western countries.

Still, what is the point of doing all that research when one cannot be sure that the product these Chinese stores are selling are genuine products, let alone "genuine" ripoffs? For example, some China-based AliExpress-traders are selling Tolinos - readers which are not even sold in China. I have problems believing those "Tolinos" and iPads are genuine.

Given the nature of e-readers and the significant impact counterfeits are likely to have on the enjoyment of the device (poor screen quality etc.), I am presently leaning towards buying from one of the official in-country resellers, e.g. in the case of Onyx. Then, AliExpress seem to operate under an "Ebay model" whereby AliExpress provide a web platform, which is in stark contrast to Banggood who seem to be a "closed" webshop, which I guess is positive from an anti-counterfeit perspective.

So what are your experiences with Banggood, AliExpress and Co.?

Last edited by 5y2SB; 07-23-2016 at 02:45 PM.
5y2SB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aliexpress, banggood, counterfeit, fakes