Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-27-2016, 05:48 AM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just get Alex to install the plugin and we would not need to worry about what size an image is ever again.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #32
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Ty, I'll remember that... for about a day.

And if you do a quick reply, there is no paper clip button.
Really, you can't remember the icon that is used for attachments in every app on the planet?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:11 AM   #33
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Really, you can't remember the icon that is used for attachments in every app on the planet?
Really really.

It seems counter intuitive (to me) to click on a paperclip when I want to post an image and there is a button with an image on it. It's not like I'm constantly posting pictures. Could also be because on the other forum I frequent, the button with the picture has more options: from computer, from url, retrieve file.

IMO. YMMV.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:28 AM   #34
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
It seems counter intuitive (to me) to click on a paperclip when I want to post an image
You are right it would indeed be counter intuitive if the paperclip were for posting images, but the paperclip isn't for posting images as on every site/app the paperclip is for attaching any file (including images) to a post. Unfortunately, currently attaching an image to a post is the only worry free option on this site when it comes to image size.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:22 AM   #35
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just get Alex to install the plugin and we would not need to worry about what size an image is ever again.
But it's a lot more fun to moderate people for not being careful about their image sizes...

Just in case anyone thought I was serious -- I wasn't.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:15 PM   #36
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
But it's a lot more fun to moderate people for not being careful about their image sizes...

Just in case anyone thought I was serious -- I wasn't.
Does this mean you want me to post large images? Just so you can have some fun.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #37
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
NO!

The rules are still the rules for good reason. Just because there are moderators doesn't give people carte blanche to give them more work.

I do think it is somewhat silly though to expect Alex to do a bunch of work on the site ("just install a plugin" doesn't account for making sure everything still works properly) just to save the moderators some work instead.
It isn't like there is a huge problem at the moment where the forums are being flooded by oversize images. Most people know the rules and abide by them.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #38
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
NO!

The rules are still the rules for good reason. Just because there are moderators doesn't give people carte blanche to give them more work.

I do think it is somewhat silly though to expect Alex to do a bunch of work on the site ("just install a plugin" doesn't account for making sure everything still works properly) just to save the moderators some work instead.
It isn't like there is a huge problem at the moment where the forums are being flooded by oversize images. Most people know the rules and abide by them.
You didn't have to yell. A simple "No." would have worked on my question anyway.
And I hate making all of you work.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote