Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
brophs
brophs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
How to make Mobi the default option when converting

Very small question, but I've just changed from a Sony to a Kindle so I was converting all of my books to send across. I noticed that when I click "Convert Books" the "Output Format" in the top right corner of the window is set by default to ePub. Is there a way to change that so I don't have to change it to Mobi every time? I've done a search on the forum and couldn't see the answer. Apologies if it has been answered.
brophs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Preferences Behavior
the first pulldown Preferred book output: <choose>

theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Click on Preferences--->Behavior (under interface)--->Preferred Output Format

You might want to consider AZW3 instead of Mobi especially if any of your ePub's have any advanced formatting or embedded fonts you want to keep. Provided the Kindle you're using isn't an old Kindle 1 or Kindle 2 it will support AZW3/KF8. Not that Mobi isn't fine for most regular narrative style books.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
brophs
brophs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Thanks everyone. I had completely forgotten about this thread.

Yeah, I have the newest Kindle. With regard to the AZW3 thing, should I convert my old Mobi format books to the AZW3 format, or should I just do it for all books added from here on in?

Cheers.
brophs is offline   Reply With Quote