Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #16
goodereader
Banned
goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Many, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Pocketbook, Sony etc.
Shop e-readers is canadian based http://www.shopereaders.com
goodereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:06 AM   #17
Baldrake
Connoisseur
Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Mozart
Just be aware that if you buy in the US, the Sony store in Canada will not help you if you have warranty issues. If you need repairs, you'll have to ship it back to the US.
Baldrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #18
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodereader View Post
Shop e-readers is canadian based http://www.shopereaders.com
Their pricing is awful! Even the Best Buy & the Sony store has dropped the price of the 350 to $179.99 Canadian. They're still trying for $199.99. These guys are trying to sell the 650 for $279.99 when the Sony store has it for $249.

You can get the Wifi Kobo at Chapters for $149. These guys want $169.

So not worth it IMO. Prices are already high in Canada, these guys are higher still. And why exactly did you recommend them??

This is precisely why I refuse to buy things in Canada. We get ripped off here.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:59 AM   #19
goodereader
Banned
goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Many, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Pocketbook, Sony etc.
I think partly why they sell things more is that as an independant, its hard to compete against the big boys. I do know they give 100 free ebooks with each purchase and a dvd tutorial disk where they outline the device, all its features, and teach you how to load ebooks and various other tips and tricks with each one. Which I think is worth the extra price, sure bestbuy and futureshop is a little cheaper, but do you think the techs there know the device if you have questions after the sale? I'd rather deal with a company that only deals in e-readers and knows their stuff.
goodereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #20
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodereader View Post
I think partly why they sell things more is that as an independant, its hard to compete against the big boys. I do know they give 100 free ebooks with each purchase and a dvd tutorial disk where they outline the device, all its features, and teach you how to load ebooks and various other tips and tricks with each one. Which I think is worth the extra price, sure bestbuy and futureshop is a little cheaper, but do you think the techs there know the device if you have questions after the sale? I'd rather deal with a company that only deals in e-readers and knows their stuff.
the 100 free books are available free all over the internet and should not be a selling feature.
TBH you can youtube videos of how to use a device, no need to pay for that.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #21
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordeater View Post
Let's see...you're on Vancouver Island.
You pay for the Reader, (from a supplier that HAS a silver 350 since you don't want pink) you pay the initial shipping charges to WA state from the supplier, and another from Vancouver to V.I. (Canada Post or Greyhound)
Dollar at close to par, no duties, no taxes; unless you are charged taxes by the store you purchase it from.
You know of a way to get it any less expensive than that? Wow. Go for it.
Maybe I don't get it?

WE
it's called USPS. They don't charge duties at the border.
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote