Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-02-2010, 07:42 AM   #16
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
My apologies. I've not seen a 302, and the circular button below the screen in your photographs looks just like a nav control!
I was again and again trying to use the big button as a 5 way button. It feels *so* natural that it should work like one.
Now, for a change, I find myself poking at the screen on my PB360 with a finger and wondering why it doesn't work ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #17
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
The 602 will have nav control, the 302 doesn't. You may simply use your pen and type in what you want to enter, can't you?
With the keyboard in the first photo I can.
The second photo shows DIFFERENT keyboard, and *that* one did not react to my vigorous poking. It did not react to anything, except for the big round "escape" key.
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #18
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur
Anders Eriksson doesn't litterAnders Eriksson doesn't litter

Device: a blue Opus
Be aware: the bookmarks that you do with ADE are deleted if you open the same epub with fbreader, no warning at all ???

Summary of the bugs so far (Kacir I haven't added yours, I didn't understand it fully, please add it you)

1. The "double boot" which occurs with certain SD cards.

2. "Go back" not working with hyperlinks in the ADE ePub reader.

3. - PocketNews software does not work with MacOS, only with Windows ...

4. Bug in Fbreader opening epub (news created by calibre) with hyperlinks, see the post #3 in this thread. => problem with relative//absolute links

5. Bookmarks that you do with ADE are deleted if you open the same epub with fbreader, no warning at all ???

Last edited by Anders Eriksson; 05-04-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Anders Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #19
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I was unable to set parameters of WiFi connection.

Have a look at two following photos.

The first photo displays keyboard as it is supposed to look
the second photo is what I get when I try to set password.
There are more places where the "wrong" type of keyboard is displayed.
SOLVED
the "wrong keyboard" bug manifests itself only if user selects keyboard layout that was loaded on the user visible /system/keyboard/ directory.
The keyboard layout was supplied by the company that sold the PocketBook 302.

There is still bug.
Wrong keyboard definition file for different language can screw up the keyboard presentation.

Thank you for help.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:06 AM   #20
kacir
Wizard

PocketBook 360 - Favorites

You are not able to make categories inside Favorites, unless you have at least one book placed in Favorites.
When the Favorites folder is completely empty and you press and hold OK, you simply leave the Favorites folder.
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 08:10 AM   #21
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
AdobeViewer problem displaying EPUB images

As suggested by mtravellerh I am re-logging this problem in the correct place.

Details here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83281

In short EPUB images are not being displayed correctly when using AdobeViewer. Images seem to be "over-expanded" meaning:-
  • they look worse than they should
  • they run off the sides of the screen if they are bigger than a certain size
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #22
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Problem with PDFs in Reflow Mode in Adobe Reader: No Page Back

Greetings,

I just transfered a PDF that I checked out from my libary (Lovecraft FTW!). The reflow is quite nice (an improvement over the PB360, which unfortunately cut off some text at the end of the page in Adobe Reader). There seems to be no way to page back, however. All four buttons on either side of the screen cause the reader to page forward and swiping forward and swiping back both cause the reader to page forward. Am I missing something or is this a bug. The PB302 that I returned due to the screen-fade problem had the same issue, as well.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #23
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Problem with RSS Feed Reader on the 302

Greetings,

I am having difficulties getting the feed reader to function. I have several feeds programmed in, but whenever I try to update them I get kicked back to the main screen. An fb2 file is generated but it is empty. Any ideas? I am able to surf the web with the browser just fine. I have tried updating them individually, but that does not work either.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #24
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Soft resets in the middle of reading (v15.1-PB360)

I know the 15.1 firmware version is an "illegitimate son", but I've discovered a glitch which I believe has been unreported and could be of interest. Sometimes I'm reading a PDF file on PDFViewer (I downloaded the extensions.cfg to put AdobeViewer as second choice) and eventually the device makes a soft reset on its own, thus making it impossible to save the last page you were reading and returning you to the position saved last before that one. In a book of ca. 400 page turns (200 pages approximately) the glitch occurred 5 or 6 times.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:18 AM   #25
PB360
PB360 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
May not be a bug, but my PB360 has stopped opening at the last page read. I have set it to open at last read page and until last week (have had and used this reader for 5 months) worked beautifully. Now when I open it it opens at the menu page. I have tried following the handbook instructions, reset, downloaded the latest firmware but nothing has fixed the problem. PocketBook customer services haven't come across this before. Any ideas??
PB360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #26
rseso
rseso began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 301
I received my new PB301 today and have a problem opening two epub books I purchased at www.oreilly.com. It's the same problem already described under http://uwemartens.de/2010/03/04/lade...am-pocketbook/ -- it takes forever (several minutes) to open the book using the Adobe Viewer (default), but when it eventually opens, it is rendered correctly. fbreader opens the book much faster, but it looses some formatting and even complete sentences within the text.

Both books are supposed to be without DRM. One of the books with the problem is http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596801977, the firware seems to be 15.0.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by rseso; 05-21-2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: added firmware version
rseso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:38 AM   #27
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by rseso View Post
I received my new PB301 today and have a problem opening two epub books I purchased at www.oreilly.com. It's the same problem already described under http://uwemartens.de/2010/03/04/lade...am-pocketbook/ -- it takes forever (several minutes) to open the book using the Adobe Viewer (default), but when it eventually opens, it is rendered correctly. fbreader opens the book much faster, but it looses some formatting and even complete sentences within the text.

Both books are supposed to be without DRM. One of the books with the problem is http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596801977, the firware seems to be 15.0.

Any suggestions?
There is no FW 15.0, so I am guessing you're speaking about 15.1. Anyway, this is a known problem and should be solved in 15.2. I have to say, however, that those ePubs are really, really badly formatted, so the problem is not only ours.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #28
rseso
rseso began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
There is no FW 15.0, so I am guessing you're speaking about 15.1. Anyway, this is a known problem and should be solved in 15.2. I have to say, however, that those ePubs are really, really badly formatted, so the problem is not only ours.
Hi,

the software version under Settings>About device says "D301.15.0", so I suppose it is some interim build. Either way, thank you for the info, I'm glad that the problem will be fixed with the next firmware since O'Reilly is my primary source of ebooks.

What exactly is wrong with the formatting of those books? I tried repackaging them with Sigil, but it didn't help. epubcheck 1.0.5 didn't complain either.
rseso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:24 AM   #29
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by rseso View Post
Hi,

the software version under Settings>About device says "D301.15.0", so I suppose it is some interim build. Either way, thank you for the info, I'm glad that the problem will be fixed with the next firmware since O'Reilly is my primary source of ebooks.

What exactly is wrong with the formatting of those books? I tried repackaging them with Sigil, but it didn't help. epubcheck 1.0.5 didn't complain either.
The tagging is overcomplicated and the structure a real headache. Somehow Adobe has a problem with that.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:31 PM   #30
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
re: AdobeViewer problem displaying EPUB images

I loaded the firmware 15.2 beta yesterday and thought I would report back on the issue I raised in Post #21 in this thread, namely:-

Quote:
EPUB images are not being displayed correctly when using AdobeViewer ... they run off the sides of the screen if they are bigger than a certain size

Good news
:
I thought this problem had been reported too late to be considered for release 15.2. However, there has definitely been some improvement.

In release 14.2 the largest image which displayed OK in AdobeViewer was 363x469 pixels.

In 15.2, images up to 590x775 pixels display OK at Zoom levels 1-3. This is in line with the max size on a 6" Sony reader.
Bad news:
In 15.2, at zoom levels 4-6, images larger than 315x410 (approx) run off the screen edges.
In addition, I have also noticed that those EPUB side-page-numbers, which are supposed to be much smaller in v15.2, are only smaller in zoom levels 1-3, not zoom levels 4-6. Is this a "feature" or a "flaw"?

In summary, it appears that fixes to EPUB images and side-page-numbers have been "part-fixed".

You can reproduce any of the above by opening any EPUB in AdobeViewer. As you move from zoom level 3 to 4, both the images and the side-page-numbers balloon in size.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote