Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 02:19 AM   #1
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
Wrapsol vs Invisible Shield (protection skins)

Just found some comparison data across different sources online between WrapSol and Invisible Shield:

Wrapsol:
$29 includes full body and screen protection + free international shipping
high quality micro-fibre cloth
thicker plastic squeegee
wet application for easier allignment (spray on wrapsol skin)
thinner than Invisible Shield
screen protector may add glare
non textured
Packaging uses recycled material

Invisible Shield/Zagg:
$25 Full body protection, screen protection not included + no free international shipping
thicker material than Wrapsol
crappy micro fibre cloth typically, ones that comes with most no name screen protector packages
wet application (spray on fingers only)
textured (orange peel like texture)
reports of cracking on bent surfaces after some time (this probably won't apply to PRS600 since unlike the iPhone, it doesn't have any bent surfaces)
reports of color change after several months
numerous reports of installation difficulty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzyWo8uVCF0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpiSwdk1FKE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAOfK...layer_embedded
-----

Starting to have second thoughts regarding my Zagg purchase. It's still on route. If I knew I think I might have chose Wrapsol.

I bought the Lexard Anti-Glare screen protector and plan to combo it with the Invisible shield once that arrives.
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
I use skins from decalgirl.com, they're pretty . I saw a youtube videa of someone putting one of the 2 above on something and I still like decalgirl better. Their skins are only $15, they're easy to apply and they last forever.
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
check out www.bestskinsever.com as well. they are far cheaper than zagg. their customer service is also very responsive. if you need custom cut skins they will generally make them up for you.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

ok, so zagg's package got lost in the mail system. i think i'll be ordering the wrapsol
Old 03-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
jessie102
Addict

can anyone submit their order successfully at wrapsol? After i press submit, a message briefly displays "order processing" beside the submit button, and then disappears. But nothing happens. The whole submit page remains, no order confirmation or anything.

EDIT: turns out it was a billing address / shipping address consistency issue

Last edited by jessie102; 03-05-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Advert
Old 03-06-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
ok, so zagg's package got lost in the mail system. i think i'll be ordering the wrapsol
zagg's stuff is the bomb. But, you have to put it on very carefully... or it will peel off. Luckily we have a zagg store that does installs not to far away. I thought the $10 was well worth it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:26 AM   #7
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
My 300 has been Wrapsol'd since November last year and it's still very securely on, no peeling/gooey corners yet. I love their lifetime guarantee, you only have to pay for shipping and their shipping rates are very reasonable.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:35 AM   #8
palo
Enthusiast
palo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T2
Have never used a skin and have been using PDAs for over 10 years without a problem and I don't baby my machine either.

p
palo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #9
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

What I am really looking for (for my Sony 900) is a clear protective cover for the touch screen. One that does not add glare of obscure text. Does not sound like either one of these is the answer?