Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-18-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
Globin
Globin began at the beginning.

Device: PR-505
Calibre freezing since 0.4.96

Im running now calibre 0.4.98, but it wont work, calibre is freezing every time at startup, before version 0.4.96 it was working all the time. Now it shows me a second a part of the interface and then turns into a white window.
Latest changes in my system are only the security updates from microsoft for xp. In Kaspersky Internet-Security I moved calibre to the secure program-group, even calibre-parallels. Im running it right now for about five minutes, and it doesnt react ... only a white window appears. Any help appreciated, its a great software and Im lost without it, because I do all conversions with it.

My library is on harddisk, no other probs with the pc, Im running here also Adobe DE 1.6 for a great pr-505.

In advance
and
Greeting to all
Globin
Globin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Globin

Short update, after seven minutes It shows the interface .... The last things I did the last days ago, were a lot of conversions from various formats to epub (now standard) ... before i convert to the lrx-format (hope I type it right, I mean the sony-reader-format).

Greetings
Globin

Last edited by Globin; 10-18-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Advert
Old 10-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
Globin

Second update: interface is hanging sometimes, not responsive at all, like there is something with the graphical interface, ... now I see again a white window.

HELP ....
Old 10-18-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
its most probably the antivirus program. Try temporarily disabling it and see if the problem goes away.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #5
Globin

Youre right

Its Kaspersky, thank you very much for the hint. Your program is great, thanks for your support!

Greetings
Advert
Old 10-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
Arek_W
Connoisseur
Arek_W began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, ASUS N636
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
its most probably the antivirus program. Try temporarily disabling it and see if the problem goes away.
Told you Kaspesrky can be a ..... .
I added it Calibre to trusted program zone (in Kaspersky) with all rights and privilages. All white screens are history. Its better than disabling the anti_Vir
Arek_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:11 PM   #7
Globin

What kind of entries I have to do

To Arek: In my case, to move calibre under kaspersky to the trusted zone wont work, even if i give it all privileges. A white window appears.. I own the german version of kaspersky internet security and I ended up in an entry named program controls (i dont know exactly the entry-name in the english version, its my translation). There I moved calibre.exe from weak-zone to the trusted zone and gave it all privileges like no scanning of files and internettraffic, i ticked all the boxes I saw .. but it wont work with the newest version.

Greetings
Globin
Old 10-22-2008, 04:21 AM   #8
Arek_W
Connoisseur
Arek_W began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, ASUS N636
strange, I used to have 2007 Kaspersky AntiVir Home edition now on 2008 version. Had exactly same problem as you did, white screens, program freezing. In the settings panel added to the exclusions/trusted programs -> no more probs. Do you change settings in the internet zone or in the anti-vir part. Kaspersky continuesly scans all Calibre files if not in trusted zone, therefore its impossible to work with Calibre.
Arek_W is offline   Reply With Quote