Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-08-2017, 06:24 PM   #1
Trane
Groupie
Trane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: android tablet
Adjusting Time Stamp In This Forum?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I couldn't find a more relevant sub-forum.

The time stamp this forum uses is not my local time, so it's difficult to tell what time of day someone posted something in a thread I'm participating in. I could not find a place to change the time stamp in the CP.

Anyone? TIA!

EDIT: Doesn't it always happen this way! Looked again and found it this time under Settings & Options -> Edit Options.... way down the page.

Last edited by Trane; 04-08-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Trane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:00 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
For all these years I've been doing the math in my head whenever I looked at the times. Thank goodness you brought this up and reported on the solution, I can finally see the local times.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #3
Trane
Groupie
Trane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
For all these years I've been doing the math in my head whenever I looked at the times. Thank goodness you brought this up and reported on the solution, I can finally see the local times.
I feel your pain. And glad the post could be of help.
Trane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:38 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
It is easy to miss such things I agree. I imagine you aren't the first to not notice it, nor will you be the last. I've noticed that sometimes when a person wants to adjust a setting that when they look for a way to do it often the solution doesn't present itself easily. I mean depending on the type of browser that a person uses or the release of the same where you click and on what option may not match what instructions are given (in a help dialogue).
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:17 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This is why we have a "Feedback" forum, to allow people to ask such questions.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2017, 12:32 AM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This is why we have a "Feedback" forum, to allow people to ask such questions.
Touche HarryT. I wonder how many of us think of that fact when we get stuck though.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:50 AM   #7
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Who knew it was even a possibility? Not me. And not knowing it was a possibility, why would I have ever thought to ask how to do it?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:55 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I've never been a member of a forum where you couldn't set your local time zone.

Not judgin' ... just sayin'

It's one of the first things I do when completing a profile.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #9
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I've never been a member of a forum where you couldn't set your local time zone.

Not judgin' ... just sayin'

It's one of the first things I do when completing a profile.
This.
On some forums the settings are easier to find than on others, but I always set them to my time zone.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:02 PM   #10
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
This.
On some forums the settings are easier to find than on others, but I always set them to my time zone.
Apache
But, as the saying goes, you don't know what you don't know. Why would I have looked for something I didn't know existed? Especially something that has minimal relevance. If I'm reading a thread, the last item is the last item, whether it was posted an hour ago or five hours ago. I've never bothered to recalculate the time in my head; now I've gone ahead and changed the setting to my time zone, but I could have happily left it just as it was.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:21 PM   #11
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
This.
Apache

I have never known it was possible on any forum
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:34 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
In fairness, the time zone settings are on the same "Options" page as all sorts of other useful things that you almost certainly will want to change.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:16 AM   #13
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I was not criticizing anyone for not knowing. I have always looked at the time stamp on my posts and if they are off I know I need to adjust my settings. It is just something that bothers me if it is incorrect.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:23 PM   #14
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I was not criticizing anyone for not knowing. I have always looked at the time stamp on my posts and if they are off I know I need to adjust my settings. It is just something that bothers me if it is incorrect.
Apache
To me, it is a general rule. If it (where 'it' is the time) is off by a multiple of an hour, either the time zone is wrong or DST has changed; time to go digging thru the setting.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote