Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-05-2016, 03:09 PM   #16
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
It has run a number of times in the couple of months on TCM (Turner Classic Movies). They are commercial free.
Nothing beats watching movies in a theater (when it is possible). Yeah, we have a big flat screen and blu-ray player and Blade Runner looks great. But when I watch a movie in a theater it focuses me in a way no at home experience can.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 05:20 PM   #17
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
No, no. Cinemark is a chain of movie theaters. Like I said, I got to see these movies on the silver screen, in a theater, with other people. Popcorn if I'm feeling devil may care with my money.

They haven't announced a new batch recently, though I believe they're playing From Here to Eternity next week. They usually announce six movies at a time.

Here's a list of all the movies they showed as part of their Cinemark Classics series: https://letterboxd.com/travissmcclai...s-2016/detail/
Oh I miss going to a threatre. I'll check our area, I'm sure we have a cinemark close-by How great to see a good, older movie on the bigscreen!! thank you for the info
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2016, 05:21 PM   #18
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Nothing beats watching movies in a theater (when it is possible). Yeah, we have a big flat screen and blu-ray player and Blade Runner looks great. But when I watch a movie in a theater it focuses me in a way no at home experience can.
Can't agree more!!
Old 12-05-2016, 07:45 PM   #19
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:

Sure you can with this. Trust me this is better than a movie theater. The speakers are hidden in the walls and behind the screen. The room is also sound proof. It needs to be. this is a friends set up.
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:18 PM   #20
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Sure you can with this. Trust me this is better than a movie theater. The speakers are hidden in the walls and behind the screen. The room is also sound proof. It needs to be. this is a friends set up.
The picture didn't come through. But it's not how nice the room is or the soundproofing. My brother has a pretty sweet setup too. It's just that when you're at home you remember you need to wash that laundry or look that thing up on the internet or what have you.
Advert
Old 12-06-2016, 03:28 PM   #21
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
The picture didn't come through. But it's not how nice the room is or the soundproofing. My brother has a pretty sweet setup too. It's just that when you're at home you remember you need to wash that laundry or look that thing up on the internet or what have you.
Yeah, but you don't have to deal with people who have to make wise cracks during the flik, cell phones going off, people stepping on your feet, split seating, ads, you can pause to take a piss, ...
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 05:39 PM   #22
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Yeah, but you don't have to deal with people who have to make wise cracks during the flik, cell phones going off, people stepping on your feet, split seating, ads, you can pause to take a piss, ...
Yeah, it's a trade off for sure. But I can tell you my better half didn't care for The French Connection when I tried to show it to her at home. She loved it when we saw it on the big screen.

Also, the folks that go to the classics aren't the same crowd that goes to see The Bourne Ad Nauseum.
Old 12-26-2016, 11:37 AM   #23
JAcheson
Tech Writer
JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch, Vizio Tablet, Nexus 10
I picked up two of the 7" tablets as Christmas presents for my mom and grandmother.

They seem like decent hardware, but I need to find a good introduction to Android Marshmallow to show them. It's a pity, B&N used to do that kind of thing themselves, but I'm not sure how many people are still there keeping the lights on.

As for apps, I think I'll set them up with Accuweather, a shortcut to the NOAA website, Patience Solitaire, and maybe the Facebook app. If there is an app for reading the Bible in a year, that might be good.
JAcheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 11:49 AM   #24
abbynormal52
Groupie

Are you all aware of the info on ADUPS spyware possibility on Android devices? I am trying to confirm it, but as far as Nooks, B&N is saying they'll have an upgrade in January to remedy it, and NOT to worry about using our Nooks now. Here's the last thing I just found on it, feedback welcome:

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/201...-barnes-noble/