Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2016, 01:55 AM   #1
yuda00
yuda00 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle PW3
PRS T3 Crashing every now and then

Hi guys, I'm new here. Sorry if these has been asked before. My PRS T3 has been crashing lately.
What I mean is that I'm reading a book then it will crash to the home screen again and again. Also while in this state, the buttons won't work. Every now and then I'm pressing the menu button while reading. If the menu appears, it's okay. But soon if I press the button and nothing appears, I know it will crash soon. I think this is RAM related.

While I'm in the home screen in the "Crashed" state, choosing other menus: bookshelves, settings etc. will let me access that page but if I let it be for a few seconds, it would crash to the main screen again.

Temporary solution that I have found is turning it off/ letting it be idle for a long while then using it again. But it always have this issue.

Can someone help me how to fix this? I'm using the final update btw.
Please help, I love this more than my pw3

EDIT: I also encounter the "Home Application stopped unexpectedly" issue

Last edited by yuda00; 11-23-2016 at 09:59 PM. Reason: update
yuda00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:24 AM   #2
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
That epaper keeps its image even if the device is doing nothing, got broken or simply powered off, hardens the diagnosis.
I believe it's a problem of battery.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2016, 09:07 PM   #3
yuda00

Hello, I don't think it's a battery problem. I've been using it for a month and just one bar down. It's just keep going back to the home screen without me doing anything
Old 11-23-2016, 08:48 AM   #4
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Have you done a Device Shutdown and then rebooted it? That really solves a lot of minor Sony issues.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:56 PM   #5
yuda00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
Have you done a Device Shutdown and then rebooted it? That really solves a lot of minor Sony issues.
Hello, yup did that too. But the problem returns after a few minutes of use.
By the way I forgot to say that upon rebooting, I experience the "Home application stopped working" problem.
Advert
Old 11-25-2016, 03:01 PM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
You could try removing all but the single book you are currently reading and see if it still crashes? A shot in the dark but just in case its a particular book that's causing the crashes.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 10:22 AM   #7
yuda00

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfuldog View Post
You could try removing all but the single book you are currently reading and see if it still crashes? A shot in the dark but just in case its a particular book that's causing the crashes.
I tried doing the factory reset and all that's left are the stock ebooks and the problem still persists :/
Old 11-27-2016, 05:14 PM   #8
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Ah no luck, the T-series of readers does appear a bit prone to catastrophic and inexplicable crashes like this. Unfortunately, one of the results of owning a defunct ereader is that there's not the same development support from users as there once was.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 05:22 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What version firmware is on your T3?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:54 AM   #10
yuda00

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What version firmware is on your T3?
Hi! I'm using 1.1.01.17210
Old 12-26-2016, 05:39 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuda00 View Post
Hi! I'm using 1.1.01.17210
There goes my idea to update the firmware. That's the last version.
Old 01-01-2017, 12:00 PM   #12
yuda00

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There goes my idea to update the firmware. That's the last version.
I just hope someone will be able to root this one :/
Old 01-02-2017, 06:00 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuda00 View Post
I just hope someone will be able to root this one :/
Given that the T3 is no longer made and hasn't been for some time, my guess is that nobody is actively working on a way to root the T3 with the latest firmware.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:26 AM   #14
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Delete all the books and do a hard reset. Sometimes an iffy book can cause crashes even after it is deleted.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:20 AM   #15
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
I'll offer a T1 suggestion: Don't use the two largest fonts while reading.
I've seen random crashes on T1's while using those sizes.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote