Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-27-2015, 06:44 AM   #16
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
Best solution would of course be if Amazon allowed authors to deselect support for mobi on the sales page.
Indeed!

I suppose Amazon would rather have Kindle owners angry at the writer/publisher, instead of angry at Jeff Bezos for not supporting their 2007 purchase.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:56 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Indeed!

I suppose Amazon would rather have Kindle owners angry at the writer/publisher, instead of angry at Jeff Bezos for not supporting their 2007 purchase.
How many of these still RUN (usable)?
The battery must be shot by now (very few know how to DIY battery replacement). I know, my 2011 PEz battery is on its last legs (lasts 1 book+. No WiFi or LED in this model)

and the big Q
Are the still a poor Student that needs to take notes after all these years
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2015, 01:28 PM   #18
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
How many of these still RUN (usable)?
The battery must be shot by now (very few know how to DIY battery replacement). I know, my 2011 PEz battery is on its last legs (lasts 1 book+. No WiFi or LED in this model)

and the big Q
Are the still a poor Student that needs to take notes after all these years
Ducky, my one twoo wuv:

My K2 still works like a champ. It's got to be...what, 6 years old, or 7?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:59 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Ducky, my one twoo wuv:

My K2 still works like a champ. It's got to be...what, 6 years old, or 7?

Hitch
You seem to be like me... Run them till the drop. Tape em up and run them some more

Seriously, do you still read entire full books on it or do you mainly use it for spot quality checks. (I know you know where problems will show up, it they were there)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:26 AM   #20
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You seem to be like me... Run them till the drop. Tape em up and run them some more

Seriously, do you still read entire full books on it or do you mainly use it for spot quality checks. (I know you know where problems will show up, it they were there)
Babycakes:

You are talking to a woman who has had TWO cars since 1985. In my family, it is a sign of wastefulness and dishonor to buy autos on a "spree," (which is anything under 10 years old, or at the least, a major accident which totaled the vehicle). TWO, and the second one was already 5 years old when I got it (and is now 18). My last pair of (admittedly, very good) sunglasses I wore for nearly 17 years, before I inadvertently broke them. I'ma run what I brung kind of girl.

Some mulling and ranting about cars, buying new things, etc., for those interested in my mumblings:

Spoiler:
My late mother once drove a Ford car, which came to her second-hand, as a hand-me-down from her Dad's construction company, until (and after for QUITE a while) when you got in, you had to watch your feet. Why? Because the road salt in the winters had eaten a massive hole through the floorboards on the passenger's side. Yes, really. Damn, kids, we rode in that car for years like that, and when I got my license, I schlepped my much-younger sibs around in it for a few years more. We ain't wasteful folks. And really--who in their right mind finances a depreciable asset? What demented turn of events has convinced people in the US that spending $60K on a CAR is sensible? Ye gods, my first small starter home cost LESS than that!

The only reason I don't read a lot on the K2 now is because I have others I prefer. I mainly read on the Voyage (over the PPW, don't ask me why, couldn't BEGIN to tell you) and the Fire. But that K2 just keeps on truckin'; Mr. Hitch uses it. Not as heavily as I; but yes, it still gives everyday, cheery service.

And we're not alone. Lots of readers in the middle- to mature-aged categories, still happily reading along on Ks, K2's, early K3's, and let's not forget all those DXes, which until a mere few months ago, were STILL selling!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
epub 3, pdf, technical, textbook