Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #31
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
Mary, my Glo and Aura HD were both shipped by Canada Post. I could track them from the Canada Post website until they went through customs, and from then on through USPS tracking. As I stated in my last post, they both took about 3 days to get here (Minnesota US) from Canada. I got separate shipping notices after the invoices with tracking numbers. HTH!
Thanks! I'm in OK, so hopefully next week sometime I will have my Aura. Very exciting

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #32
Apparition B5
Zealot
Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 and iPad Air 5
I pre-ordered my Kobo Aura on August 29th, and almost immediately received a confirmation message. Kobo placed a pending charge on my card for the full amount right away, but it disappeared on September 1st. I received an invoice approximately two hours ago ago. I checked my card, and sure enough the pending charge from Kobo is back. Wee!
Apparition B5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #33
SWCaffeinated
Enthusiast
SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Way Too Many Others
Just got a shipping confirmation for my Kobo Aura. Shipping to U.S. (California). Woo-hoo!
SWCaffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #34
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
so maybe it's in a big ole stack of Auras ready to cross the border into the US right now.
Could be ...

I too ordered on Aug 28, and received an invoice in the email a little while ago, and my card again shows the full price is pending.
10-14 day free shipping
No tracking number given.
TheBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #35
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCaffeinated View Post
Just got a shipping confirmation for my Kobo Aura. Shipping to U.S. (California). Woo-hoo!
Congrats! Do you remember what day you placed your pre-order on? I'm wondering if it's first come, or random.
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #36
Msan
Enthusiast
Msan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Glow, iPad3
I ordered on the 10th.. just chatted with customer support and they said mine is scheduled to ship out on the 16th (monday)
Msan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #37
SWCaffeinated
Enthusiast
SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Way Too Many Others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
Congrats! Do you remember what day you placed your pre-order on? I'm wondering if it's first come, or random.
August 29th.
SWCaffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:18 AM   #38
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCaffeinated View Post
August 29th.
Thanks! I ordered mine on the 30th. Nothing yet.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #39
CubeDweller
CubeDweller has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBard View Post
Could be ...

I too ordered on Aug 28, and received an invoice in the email a little while ago, and my card again shows the full price is pending.
10-14 day free shipping
No tracking number given.
I ordered from Kobo yesterday and received an invoice a few minutes ago via email.
No tracking number either.
CubeDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #40
Kaitou Ace
Zealot

As I said earlier, I ordered on the 30th. I haven't received a tracking number yet, but I just got a text from my bank asking me to confirm a 163.30 transaction, today, at a book store. Which just so happened to be the full sum of my aura purchase. So I'm going to assume that it's shipping today, as they said on the site that the card won't be charged until it ships.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #41
Haldir
Haldir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Aura HD
I chatted with a customer rep online and he said that the Aura should start shipping to the UK on Sept. 16th. Transit time will be 3 weeks, he said. I guess if that timeframe is true, that the UK shipments do not originate in the UK.
Haldir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #42
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
I chatted with a customer rep online and he said that the Aura should start shipping to the UK on Sept. 16th. Transit time will be 3 weeks, he said. I guess if that timeframe is true, that the UK shipments do not originate in the UK.
They must be coming on a slow boat from China at that rate.....

If I'd pre-ordered I'd be just a little disappointed that I was going to have to wait until October for it to arrive. Guess that explains why they aren't going to be available to buy in shops until October though.

Last edited by soulfuldog; 09-13-2013 at 03:49 PM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #43
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
That sounds terribly disappointing, I'm so glad I haven't ordered yet. I'm also wondering about import duties? After all, the UK ordering page did have asterisks against the price, which then said that taxes may be added.

Maybe Kobo should have taken a leaf out of Apple's book, launch day the same in many countries, and 10 days between announcement and having the device in your hand. From what I've been reading on these forums, Kobo have lost quite a few sales to other makes of ereader, just by giving people so much time to research and read before being able to try and buy.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #44
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Got a second invoice notice, still no shipping confirmation *sadpanda*
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #45
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
Got a second invoice notice, still no shipping confirmation *sadpanda*
Me too. Still no shipping notice or tracking number but a pending charge on my credit card is back. Kind of expected them to be shipped the 11th.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote