Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 03:04 AM   #1
polarbearx
polarbearx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Cannot install Calibre 8.6 in Windows 7

I have cleaned out all the Calibre files I can find, restarted computer, downloaded a new copy of Calibre 8.6 but still cannot get it to install. After double-clicking, the install starts, do the EULA and get to where to install program. I have both sellected a file location and let it install to the quagmire of C:\Programs Files. The next happening is a dialog box that says "Calibre Setup: Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one." Beats me, nothing else is active in program Manager and Applications are zero use with a occasional tiny blip. I had Calibre 7.x install before but have lost that in trying to update. (Books OK) Any suggestions or brilliant insight. I have reached my limit.
polarbearx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
reboot your computer, run a registry cleaner.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2012, 03:47 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
This is a problem with your PC - not with the Calibre install. If you try googling for the particular error message then you should be able to find guidance on how to fix the problem. You definitely want to fix it or other software (not just Calibre) is likely to encounter the same issue.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What operating system? If it's Linux, don't try to use the version of Calibre that came with your distribution; download from the Calibre site. Version 0.8.6 is VERY old.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Harry; he is on Windows 7 (from the thread title).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Harry; he is on Windows 7 (from the thread title).
Sorry, I overlooked that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote