Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
jaag101
jaag101 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
live in canada, want a nook COLOR, will it work?

Hi, I want to buy a BN nook color but i want to make sure that everything will work correctly. So if any of you people have one, and currently live in Canada, please help me out. Also, if you managed to buy one and live in Canada please let me know who you got one. I'd be much appreciated.
jaag101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I know lots of people with Nooks that live in Canada, but not the Nook Color. I would think things would be the same, but I really don't know.

With the Nook you need to have a US address on your B&N account and have the box checked that says 'Same As Shipping' to be able to buy books via your Nook. For getting the Nook to you, there is a thread in the Nook forum for people that live outside the US and want a Nook (it is a sticky so it is at the top of the forum). There are people that use a service that will have it shipped to a US address and then it gets forwarded to your home address. Or if you don't live too far away you can make a shopping trip down to the US and bring one back with you.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
susiescnook
susiescnook began at the beginning.

Device: Barnes &Noble Nook Color
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaag101 View Post
Hi, I want to buy a BN nook color but i want to make sure that everything will work correctly. So if any of you people have one, and currently live in Canada, please help me out. Also, if you managed to buy one and live in Canada please let me know who you got one. I'd be much appreciated.
Hey Im using my nook color in canada, just had it a few days so far so good. Goes online great i even tether off my nexus android phoneon the go its awesome. You have to have a american creditcard on file to downliad any apps even the free ones. ( stupid) a bit discriminating i think. I have downloaded books from another u.s company no prob. Transfered my music,videos,pics with ease. I can get a prepaid card when in in the states my friends go all the time. After that i will use the nook gift card you can purchase online. All in all I love it works great!
susiescnook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
moolyn
Rookie eBookie
moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch, Kobo Touch, iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaag101 View Post
My son has a Nook Color. I have no idea where he bought it but probably in the US. He doesn't recommend it, however, because he feels that Kobo is much more open and accessible for Canadians. He also mentioned that the charging cord is a problem with the Nook Color; he has already replaced his. I noticed that his Nook Color didn't hold a charge long, just two or three hours.

He suggested the Kobo Vox for me instead, as soon as it was announced. I quite like it although it took some work to get it all set up and organized. My son likes that it has already been rooted.

Last edited by moolyn; 11-23-2011 at 08:25 AM.
moolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by susiescnook View Post
Hey Im using my nook color in canada, just had it a few days so far so good. Goes online great i even tether off my nexus android phoneon the go its awesome. You have to have a american creditcard on file to downliad any apps even the free ones. ( stupid) a bit discriminating i think. I have downloaded books from another u.s company no prob. Transfered my music,videos,pics with ease. I can get a prepaid card when in in the states my friends go all the time. After that i will use the nook gift card you can purchase online. All in all I love it works great!
You do not need an US credit card. Just register your account with an US shipping and billing address (any valid address will do). The billing address is not checked, so this will work fine.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert