Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #46
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
If your problems continue, please send it back to us. We will check the device, repair or replace it if there are problems.

Yep, still having the problem. Dang it. I am about 25% through a Stieg Larsson novel but now I'll have to quit and send it back for repair -- that is, if it's possible to repair it. If not I want my money back and I'll go back to paper books.
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #47
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmorrissey View Post
Yep, still having the problem. Dang it. I am about 25% through a Stieg Larsson novel but now I'll have to quit and send it back for repair -- that is, if it's possible to repair it. If not I want my money back and I'll go back to paper books.
Please send it back, explain your problem in a little note and we will check if we can locate your problem.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #48
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
...more on the "Move to Folder" bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
The "problem": I get an an error message when I move books within the device. For example, I'll move a book from my "To Read" folder to a main genre folder. When I select (press OK button) where I want the book to go, I get an error message at the bottom of the screen that says, "Cannot move file."

Well, the message is lying.

The file moves fine and is accessible [in the new folder] whether from the PB360 or from my computer. It is also gone from the original folder from which I moved it.

So, there is nothing wrong with the operation as it works fine. Just maybe need to change the message wording ... ?
I would like to expand on Mickey's v15.2 bug.

I tried to move multiple files between folders using the sequence [File] - [Mark Group] - "mark multiple files" - [Move to Folder].

I also got the error message "Cannot move file", but in this case it wasn't lying, because only one of the files was moved. Luckily no damage was done. I just had to tediously move the files one by one, ignoring the error message each time.

The [File] - [Mark Group] - "mark multiple files" seems to work OK with options such as [Delete] and [Mark as read]
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #49
HenkH
Enthusiast
HenkH began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
I've updated my Pocketbook 302 with the 15.2 (1-jun-2010) firmware. After restarting the device the firmware version (in the about screen) showed the correct version.

However after the next powerdown/powerup the device went into a continuous reboot cycle. I.e. after a few seconds in the main screen the reader restarts itself.

I've managed to reinstall a 15.1 firmware after which the device acts normally again. I'm hoping the next firmware release will be more stable.
HenkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #50
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I would like to expand on Mickey's v15.2 bug.

I tried to move multiple files between folders using the sequence [File] - [Mark Group] - "mark multiple files" - [Move to Folder].

I also got the error message "Cannot move file", but in this case it wasn't lying, because only one of the files was moved. Luckily no damage was done. I just had to tediously move the files one by one, ignoring the error message each time.

The [File] - [Mark Group] - "mark multiple files" seems to work OK with options such as [Delete] and [Mark as read]
Same thing here with me, jackie_w. It seems to only move the last book you have checked in a group.

Which is okay in my case, because I only tried to move them to test your further ID of the problem...

Sorry I missed that - I had run through a bunch of "move" actions before I posted this - thought I had tested all options. Guess the PB360 doesn't lie about some of the "can't move" stuff... Good catch & thanks for keeping me straight!

Marilyn

[Now off to put my books back on the "shelf" where they belong...]

Last edited by Mickey330; 06-05-2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Grammar...
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:33 AM   #51
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenkH View Post
I've updated my Pocketbook 302 with the 15.2 (1-jun-2010) firmware. After restarting the device the firmware version (in the about screen) showed the correct version.

However after the next powerdown/powerup the device went into a continuous reboot cycle. I.e. after a few seconds in the main screen the reader restarts itself.

I've managed to reinstall a 15.1 firmware after which the device acts normally again. I'm hoping the next firmware release will be more stable.
Do u have a SD Card installed. Reboots are often the cause when the SD Card is too "slow".
Normally the 15.2 should be faster and more stable than the 15.1
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #52
acanthicus
Connoisseur
acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-350, PRS-T3
Epub in adobeViewer, dictionary, FW15.2, PB301:
At the beginning of a chapter only the chapter title ist selectable, none of the other words of the same page.
Within the chapter the first and the last word of each paragraph is not selectable with the cursor.
acanthicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #53
HenkH
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
Do u have a SD Card installed. Reboots are often the cause when the SD Card is too "slow".
Normally the 15.2 should be faster and more stable than the 15.1
Even without the (supplied 4 Gb) SD card the reader went into the reboot loop.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:38 AM   #54
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Even without the (supplied 4 Gb) SD card the reader went into the reboot loop.
mmh, last chance. Do a hardreset.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:42 AM   #55
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
mmh, last chance. Do a hardreset.
Yes, sounds about right. But: Please do a full backup of your reader before doing the hard reset.

You can do that by:

Plug on your reader
Turn your device on
Hold both upper buttons
Wait
Then wait some more
Done!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:43 AM   #56
HenkH
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Yes, sounds about right. But: Please do a full backup of your reader before doing the hard reset.
Thanks for the tips.
For now the downgraded firmware (15.1) works fine.
I'll wait for version 15.3 before attempting an new firmware update.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #57
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Thanks for the tips.
For now the downgraded firmware (15.1) works fine.
I'll wait for version 15.3 before attempting an new firmware update.
15.2 for 360° is still in beta, so there's still hope!
Old 06-18-2010, 11:33 AM   #58
darkforce
Enthusiast
darkforce began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
I've just upgrade PB360 from 15.1 to 15.2 Final version. (Jun 14)
Dual-booting is gone! My PB actually load the last page I read as it be set.
For now, I've never found any crash since upgraded.

UPDATE: I just got it crash first time after I've upgraded it 3 days ago.

Last edited by darkforce; 06-18-2010 at 09:35 PM.
darkforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #59
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
In my PB 302, I have mapped the lower right key to move forward and lower left key to move backward. When I view a pdf (by pdfviewer) in portrait mode and zoom to fit width, almost 3/4th of the document is shown in a view, pressing lower right key is not moving forward to show the balance 1/4 of the page instead it goes to next page. Same is with lower left key, it goes to previous page starting and not moving backward.

I do not face this problem in landscape orientation with any zoom setting. Also in portrait mode and with zoom 200% or more, we do not have this problem.

Is this a bug? Can this be solved in next release of the firmware?
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #60
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish View Post
In my PB 302, I have mapped the lower right key to move forward and lower left key to move backward. When I view a pdf (by pdfviewer) in portrait mode and zoom to fit width, almost 3/4th of the document is shown in a view, pressing lower right key is not moving forward to show the balance 1/4 of the page instead it goes to next page. Same is with lower left key, it goes to previous page starting and not moving backward.

I do not face this problem in landscape orientation with any zoom setting. Also in portrait mode and with zoom 200% or more, we do not have this problem.

Is this a bug? Can this be solved in next release of the firmware?
Yes this bug is already known.it seems only to raise its ugly head in pdfviewer. Try Adobeviewer to circumvent. Sure this will be solved.