Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-11-2017, 07:02 PM   #16
ph0ton
ph0ton began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+
Does this one have physical page turn buttons? Recently bought an i86 but with one week in already have light-holes in the screen, no damage or shock whatsoever. I need a more robust carta screen but page-turn buttons are a must, even for a "two-handed" device like that.
ph0ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:09 PM   #17
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
If they send me one i will tell them what I think.
If they send me one i will tell them what I think also
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:47 AM   #18
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0ton View Post
Does this one have physical page turn buttons? Recently bought an i86 but with one week in already have light-holes in the screen, no damage or shock whatsoever. I need a more robust carta screen but page-turn buttons are a must, even for a "two-handed" device like that.
Are you pressing it like crazy or it is just about protection on the move?
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:00 PM   #19
ph0ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Are you pressing it like crazy or it is just about protection on the move?
Neither. I've had two pearl devices which I've absolutely babied but still developed holes in the front light.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:30 AM   #20
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Neither. I've had two pearl devices which I've absolutely babied but still developed holes in the front light.
This is weird topic to discuss but I am really surprised what are you talking about. You know, the old e-ink devices (perl, and even carta) use glass on top of it? How can you make holes in the glass? Can you make high resolution picture of such 'hole'?
Old 04-15-2017, 05:27 PM   #21
ph0ton

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
This is weird topic to discuss but I am really surprised what are you talking about. You know, the old e-ink devices (perl, and even carta) use glass on top of it? How can you make holes in the glass? Can you make high resolution picture of such 'hole'?
Pearl screens use a plastic waveguide for the frontlight which is widely known to be fragile. The glass is in a layer between the waveguide and e-ink substrate so it only protects the e-ink screen proper. Pearl e-ink devices with frontlights are widely know to develop these light holes and the most exemplary device was the Nook Simple Touch Glowlight, the first gen.

I barely understand what you are trying to say with that grammar and spelling but I understand that cynical know-it-all skepticism when I see it. If you want to take this discussion to PMs go right ahead, but my intention was to let my wishes be known to a major e-ink device company; it wasn't to invite asinine arguments.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #22
plusz
Addict

Quote:
Pearl screens use a plastic waveguide for the frontlight which is widely known to be fragile. The glass is in a layer between the waveguide and e-ink substrate so it only protects the e-ink screen proper. Pearl e-ink devices with frontlights are widely know to develop these light holes and the most exemplary device was the Nook Simple Touch Glowlight, the first gen.

I barely understand what you are trying to say with that grammar and spelling but I understand that cynical know-it-all skepticism when I see it. If you want to take this discussion to PMs go right ahead, but my intention was to let my wishes be known to a major e-ink device company; it wasn't to invite asinine arguments.
None of such things. I was just asking out of curiosity... I'm no longer interested because it makes you uncomfortable. Sorry
Old 04-20-2017, 06:29 AM   #23
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Pearl screens use a plastic waveguide for the frontlight which is widely known to be fragile. The glass is in a layer between the waveguide and e-ink substrate so it only protects the e-ink screen proper.
Pearl screens are defined by the E-Ink generation, not the kind of front light layer.

The glass layer is actually behind the E-Ink layer, and is the bit that has the control electronics on it.

On E-Ink displays without a frontlight or touchscreen, the E-Ink layer is directly touchable.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:59 AM   #24
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:

I own numerous pearl screens and I have experienced no such problems. Also you are very rude.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:08 PM   #25
ph0ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Pearl screens are defined by the E-Ink generation, not the kind of front light layer.

The glass layer is actually behind the E-Ink layer, and is the bit that has the control electronics on it.

On E-Ink displays without a frontlight or touchscreen, the E-Ink layer is directly touchable.
?? Did you not read where I said I wasn't gonna indulge in off-topic arguments?
Old 04-25-2017, 03:27 AM   #26
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
?? Did you not read where I said I wasn't gonna indulge in off-topic arguments?
Yes, I did miss that. Perhaps I was blinded by your incredible rudeness to a new member who merely had an incorrect understanding of the structure of an eInk display.

I thought that your own misunderstandings about the displays shouldn't stand uncorrected in the thread.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:56 AM   #27
huseyinkoylu1
Enthusiast
huseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Onyx Boox N96 CML
Availible in september
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1005853649498759/
huseyinkoylu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:57 AM   #28
huseyinkoylu1
Enthusiast
huseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Old 05-25-2017, 12:58 AM   #29
huseyinkoylu1
Enthusiast

https://m.facebook.com/groups/100585...29928970424557
Old 05-25-2017, 05:13 AM   #30
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Looks nice! The could have improved the processor though...
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote