Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-03-2017, 10:26 AM   #1
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum
chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.

Device: Tolino Vision 3HD
Tag browser don't showing ''Authors''

Since a few days in the Tag browser is missing e.g. Authors. I downloaded calibre again and restarted - no change! What is to do?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tag browser_Virtual Library.png
Views:	136
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	155418
Tag browser: Virtual Library <None>

Last edited by chaot; 03-03-2017 at 10:38 AM.
chaot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
right click on one of the other entries (example on Languages), put cursor on 'Show categories' to open up sub-menu, click on Authors. If it isn't there, then there's probably something else going on.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:31 AM   #3
chaot
Head of lunatic asylum
chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.chaot will give the Devil his due.

Device: Tolino Vision 3HD
That's it. Thanks!
chaot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:21 AM   #4
uli
Zealot
uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo, Calibre
I've been using Calibre for years and always clicked in the whitespace, the only option there is 'Show all categories'... Possible UI improvement? I'd be nice to have the menu choice there too.
uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:16 AM   #5
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by uli View Post
I've been using Calibre for years and always clicked in the whitespace, the only option there is 'Show all categories'... Possible UI improvement? I'd be nice to have the menu choice there too.
"Show Categories" is hidden when all available categories are visible. You have to hide a category before the "Show Categories..." menu entry appears.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:18 PM   #6
uli
Zealot
uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo, Calibre
Dwig, it's hidden when all are visible. It's just my reaction is to right click on the empty area to bring a hidden node back, not an existing one. Example:

Show all categories
Show category > News, Rating, etc <<< this here is missing
Change sub-categorization scheme
uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:58 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by uli View Post
Dwig, it's hidden when all are visible. It's just my reaction is to right click on the empty area to bring a hidden node back, not an existing one.
+1 - using column A to reinstate column B is counter intuitive

I didn't know it was possible until I read MerlinMama's reply

A list of available categories with check boxes in Preferences->Look and Feel->Tag Browser would be another alternative, especially if access to that dialogue was available from the Tag Browser white space right click menu.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 04:56 AM   #8
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
I had actually asked this question 1 year and 1 month ago , so I remembered the answer. The few times I've needed a category added that I had hidden (usually only temporarily) I automatically click the white space, then remember what I actually have to do LOL
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote