Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
[Metadata Source Plugin] BOL.com (DE) DEPRECATED

BOL_DE - Version 0.9.2 - 12-12-2020 by Pr. BarnArt.
This plugin is deprecated, because the the site of bol.de blocks access.

This plugin is for using BOL.de as a metadata source.
It is for German books, that's why it is called BOL_DE.
I don't know if people like this, please let me know. If so I can make it complete.

Main Features of BOL_DE v 0.9.2
  • retrieve isbn.
  • retrieve (multiple) author(-s) (no contributors/translators), title.
  • retrieve comments, cover, rating, publisher and publishing date.
  • retrieve tags and series, language

Special Notes:
  • BOL_DE first looks for a match on the isbn-number, if that is know.
  • Otherwise it takes the author's name en the exact booktitle.
  • requires calibre 0.8.0 or higher.
  • This is still a beta-version, so comments/requests are welcome

known issues:
  • sometimes no cover, just text.
  • Tags and serie-information are not very consequent at bol.de.

Thanks to AnselmD for giving feedback

FIXED/ADD V 0.9.2
  • fix for serie-names in title on website: cutting all txt after "/"
  • delete "Band" in series-name

Installation Notes:
  • Download the attached zip file and install the plugin as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
  • You can configure the plugin within Calibre.

Paypal Donations:
  • If you find this plugin useful please feel free to show your appreciation.

Version History:
Spoiler:

v. 0.9.2 12-12-2020
- fix for serie-names in title on website: cutting all txt after "/";
- delete "Band" in series-name

v.0.9.1 28-11-2020
- fix for several website changes

v.0.9.0 05-1-2020
- fix for several website changes
- prepared for python 2.7 and python 3.X
- add German translation at config

v.0.7.3 21-1-2017
- update due to website changes
- added functions tot retrieve tags (again) and series info.

v.0.7.2 5-3-2016
-small fix in case the author is duplicated

v.0.7.1 21-11-2015
-fix error when search is based on title and author

v.0.7.0 19-11-2015
- redesign of the plugin due to massive webchanges
- tags are no longer available at bol.de

v.0.6.4 28-09-2014
- add function to retreive tags from bol.de

v.0.6.3 21-07-2014
- Porting to Qt5 for Calibre 2.0

v.0.6.2 7-12-2013
- fix name of the plugin. ( changing the name in the code creates a different plugin, my fault).
-capitalization of title-field.

v.0.6.1 5-12-2013
- url to bol.de with identifier.
- capitalization publisher field.

v.0.6.0 3-12-2013
- full name of publisher in case the name is shortened with ellipsis(...) (thx Bananeweizen)
- Beschreibing Redaktion changed to Beschreibung Redaktion

v. 0.5.0 28-1-2012 beta
- rewrite complete code because of websitechange (now complete focused on bol.de)
- add link in Configwindow to the forum of mobileread.com for errors and request

v. 0.4.0 - 15-08-2011 - beta
- fix decoding diacritics (umlaut uzw)

v. 0.3.0 - 07-07-2011 - beta
- fix: noimage now skipped as cover
- retrieve rating, publisher, pubdate from bol.de if available.
- retrieve cover from bol.de if not available on bol.com

v. 0.2.0 - 29-06-2011 - beta
- initial release.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BOL_DE 0.9.2.zip (16.1 KB, 59160 views)

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 10-21-2023 at 12:33 PM. Reason: DEPRECATED
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

new update BOL_DE 0.3.0 beta

There is a new update available: 0.3.0 beta.
See the start-topic of this thread.

Please comment.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:17 AM   #3
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

The search entrance of this plugin is still bol.com. If the isbn is available overthere, the metadata is get from bol.de
I like to know if U can find most of the (correct) books, because I presume that the index of bol.de is more complete.
But if bol.com is good enough, I dont have to put effort on bol.de

I wait for your comments.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
Art
Art began at the beginning.

Device: none, looking at pocketbook 902 and adam
r u waiting for feedback?
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:13 AM   #5
hottif
hottif began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Issue with Umlauts and special characters

I really like your plugin, thank you for that. But as you mentioned as a known issue the German Umlauts äöüßÖÄÜ are not displayed properly and I have to correct them manually... Could you please solve that issue?
hottif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #6
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottif View Post
I really like your plugin, thank you for that. But as you mentioned as a known issue the German Umlauts äöüßÖÄÜ are not displayed properly and I have to correct them manually... Could you please solve that issue?
Thanks for your reply.
I presumed it was only an issue for foreign(=not german) users.
I thought that - maybe - if you use a german computer configuration, this would be fixed and above that: I did not get any reply before on that.
According to your post, I was wrong.
So I will take a look at it and keep you informed.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Update 0.4.0 now available at the start-post of this thread.

with a fix for diacritics/umlauts uzw for parsing the comments
Thanks for your reply, Hottif.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:57 AM   #8
hottif
hottif began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
I just did a little test and the Umlauts work like they are supposed to do Thanks for the quick fix. Great job!
hottif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

New version 0.5.0 (still beta) now available at the starttopic of this thread.
I had to rewrite the code because of websitechanges by bol.com/bol.de

In case of errors/request please post your message overhere.

Enjoy!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #10
Bananeweizen
Bananeweizen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Bug report

I'm using that plugin and it is working fine. However, I have 2 bug reports:

You extract the editoral description as "Beschreibing Redaktion". There is a typo, it should be "Beschreib_u_ng".

For publishers with a very long name, bol.de shortens the name of the publisher. The plugin does not recognize this, leading to useless entries in the publisher column. An example can be seen when opening http://www.bol.de/shop/home/suche/?sq=3641062659. Thats a book by Random house. On BOL that publisher is called "Ebooks der Verlagsgruppe Random House GmbH", which gets shortened to just "Ebooks der Verlagsgruppe...". However, the link behind the name contains the full name of the publisher. So maybe you could recognize this situation (publisher ending with an ellipsis) and grab the remaining part from the link then. The capitalization would still be wrong, but at least the full name would be there.

Regardless of those issues, thanks for providing the plugin,

Michael
Bananeweizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #11
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananeweizen View Post
I'm using that plugin and it is working fine. However, I have 2 bug reports:

You extract the editoral description as "Beschreibing Redaktion". There is a typo, it should be "Beschreib_u_ng".

For publishers with a very long name, bol.de shortens the name of the publisher.
Na endlich

I did not get any comments or remarks, so I thought it was not used that much. The previous version was dated januari 2012.
So I am glad you use it and give some feedback.
I made a quick fix, so version 0.6.0 is available.
Let me know if it works (or not )

Thank you for bringing up the issues.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #12
Bananeweizen

Thanks for that quick reaction, your changes work as described. I took the chance to investigate a bit more and made some additional observations.

* The book title is always in "title capitalization" (every first word character uppercase), although that is not what the website delivers. Please remove this conversion, it is quite unusual in German (Title capitalization is used for output and rendering in German, too, but not for database content entries themselves)
* In the meta data search results dialog, there is a hyperlink section (right side, near the top). The Amazon plugin links to the amazon book page, the Goodreads plugin to the Goodreads page, but the BOL plugin does not link to BOL, but instead to worldcat.org. I think it would be very useful to also have the BOL link there, as I sometimes use this to verify the search results, when very similar books have been published.
* You could improve the long publisher names even further (as they are completely lowercase by now): When you find a long name like "deutscher taschenbuch verlag" on BOL, you could lookup all existing publishers in calibre to see if there is one that matches case insensitive, but starts with an uppercase character (e.g. "Deutscher Taschenbuch Verlag"). You could then return that existing entry.

Again, thanks for your efforts,

Michael
Old 12-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #13
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
* The book title is always in "title capitalization" (every first word character uppercase), although that is not what the website delivers. Please remove this conversion, it is quite unusual in German (Title capitalization is used for output and rendering in German, too, but not for database content entries themselves)
The plugin doesnot use any conversion. It is due to calibre itself. I think most of the users don't use the title field to be changed by metadata.
In the metadata dialog you can also change the capitalization, right click the the title field, and choos the capitalization menu. I think you can do the same with bulk. I don't know where in Calibre you can cahnge the default settings.

Quote:
* In the meta data search results dialog, there is a hyperlink section (right side, near the top). The Amazon plugin links to the amazon book page, the Goodreads plugin to the Goodreads page, but the BOL plugin does not link to BOL, but instead to worldcat.org. I think it would be very useful to also have the BOL link there, as I sometimes use this to verify the search results, when very similar books have been published.
Till now i did not use any special identifier. You gave me a hint, and I will implement it in the next update.

Quote:
* You could improve the long publisher names even further (as they are completely lowercase by now): When you find a long name like "deutscher taschenbuch verlag" on BOL, you could lookup all existing publishers in calibre to see if there is one that matches case insensitive, but starts with an uppercase character (e.g. "Deutscher Taschenbuch Verlag"). You could then return that existing entry.
It isnot very difficult to capitalize each word, but I am not aware of function that does the right capitalization for german p.e.
But I give a try in the next update , capitalize each word, except 'der'.
that will give: "E-books der Verlagsgruppe Random House Gmbh".
Old 12-05-2013, 04:54 AM   #14
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Ok, new update version 0.6.1 available at the start op this thread

add: url to bol.de with identifier.
fix: capitalization publisher field.

Enjoy!
Old 12-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #15
Bananeweizen

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I see no changes when doing searches. You renamed the plugin from "BOL_DE" to "BOL-de". That makes calibre update the 0.6 version after every restart again and again, because now 2 different plugins are active. Also, the plugin-import-name.... file still uses the old name, and I don't have a clue if that is working right then. Easiest thing might be just revert that name change.

About the title capitalization: I still believe it is coming from the plugin, as it is also shown in the log file (while the log output of other plugins shows the unmodified title without capitalization):

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': None, u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'3446433031'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': None}
Using plugins: BOL-de, Goodreads, Google, Amazon.com, Edelweiss
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** BOL-de ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1')]
Found 1 results
Downloading from BOL-de took 0.993104219437

---
Title : Die Kunst Des Klugen Handelns
Author(s) : Rolf Dobelli
Publisher : carl hanser verlag gmbh co kg
Rating : 2.5
Published : 2012-08-27T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers : isbn:3446433031
Comments :

Beschreibung Redaktion:

Unzählige Leser begeistern sich für Rolf Dobellis gescheite Texte über unsere häufigsten Denkfehler. Doch wer Dobellis Ratschläge zum klaren Denken beherzigt, ist noch lange nicht aus dem Schneider, denn auf dem Weg vom Denken zum Handeln lauern weitere Fallstricke. Glücklicherweise kann man die umgehen - wenn man weiß, wie. Genau das verrät "Die Kunst des klugen Handelns": In 52 Kapiteln zeigt Dobelli, warum es sich lohnt, Türen zu schließen und auf Optionen zu verzichten, warum Informationsüberfluss zu unklugem Handeln anstiftet, warum Geld stets in emotionale Kleider gehüllt ist und wir es darum oft unbedacht ausgeben.Rolf Dobelli gibt Ihnen das nötige Rüstzeug: Schlagen Sie nicht jeden Irrweg ein, nur weil andere ihn gehen. Lernen Sie aus den Fehlern, die andere freundlicherweise für Sie machen. Denken Sie klar und handeln Sie klug!
(source: Bol.de)

Querying: http://www.bol.de/shop/home/suche/?f...eiter&sswg=ANY
BOL_DE url: u'http://www.bol.de/shop/home/suche/?fi=&st=&sa=&sr=&sv=&svb=&ssw=&si=&sk=&sd=&sre=&sq =3446433031&forward=weiter&sswg=ANY'

************************************************** ******************************