Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #181
smitelya
smitelya began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
sorry but i don't respond from my keyboard and i don't have >
cursor blinking on the new line without possibility to write anything
smitelya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #182
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Honestly I have no idea. but that looks like it has at least come to life.

I thought that meant the fastboot via usb interface is now active isn't it?

connect cable. access that way? No?

AFAIK that's the message that pops up when the fastboot mode activates. Which should mean you can now push fastboot instructions to it.

I thought it would expect those instructions via USB at this point. I could WELL be wrong. just my guess
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #183
smitelya

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Honestly I have no idea. but that looks like it has at least come to life.

I thought that meant the fastboot via usb interface is now active isn't it?

connect cable. access that way? No?

AFAIK that's the message that pops up when the fastboot mode activates. Which should mean you can now push fastboot instructions to it.

I thought it would expect those instructions via USB at this point. I could WELL be wrong. just my guess

thank you for reply
i am waiting for advice from knc1
Old 02-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #184
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitelya View Post
thank you for reply
i am waiting for advice from knc1
towbob is correct - you issue fastboot commands with the fastboot tool over the usb cable.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #185
smitelya

OK i will look for the fastboot tool and will try tomorow
thanks for reply and i will update you regarding my progress

Last edited by smitelya; 02-07-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #186
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Its on the debricking thread.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #187
smitelya

thanks
Old 02-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #188
twobob

for windows https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2001683
Old 02-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #189
smitelya

Good news
I success to flash the device via fastboot
i flashed all partitions
and restart the device in diag mode
in the first restart device update itself to 5.3.1
now i stuck and cannot exit from it to normal mode

please additional advice
Old 02-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #190
twobob

Exit DIAGS on a PW.

ermm..
Quote:
You can create the missing XML file by running the first diag in the main diags menu. Then you can disable diags in the exit menu. Also, your battery will continuously discharge while in diags mode, so you should keep it plugged into a charger until you get around to exiting diags properly.
Quote:
Then chose “D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags” then “D) Disable Diagnostics” and “Q) To continue”
Slapped together from threads

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172820
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200213

I have never done it...
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #191
smitelya

Solution was simple
Put ENABLE_DIAGS in Kindle root and choose Disable Diagnostics
That is all,exactly as in Kindle 5

Kindle return to LIFE
thanks you guys for you help

Last edited by smitelya; 02-08-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #192
twobob

Waboom . Chalk it up nice one
Old 10-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #193
Thrillseeka
Thrillseeka can extract oil from cheeseThrillseeka can extract oil from cheeseThrillseeka can extract oil from cheeseThrillseeka can extract oil from cheeseThrillseeka can extract oil from cheeseThrillseeka can extract oil from cheeseThrillseeka can extract oil from cheeseThrillseeka can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 4
Unhappy

Hi!

First of all, sorry about my english. So, I have a Kindle4, it was never flashed or anything, now the screen is frozen, i tried hard reseting but didnt worked. I tried it many times. Unfortunatly tha last time i was tried, it was connected via usb to my computer. After this if i trying turn on, or take a hard reset, the turning indicator LED dosnt show anything.

When i connected the kindle to my computer via usb, then i see NS Blank CODEX in the control panel under devices.

If try to charging with wall charger, doest work. When i plugged in, the LED is orange, but some hours later, a kindle turn off, and the LED goes off too.

So i decide to try to fix it, i wana set the default. So i downloaded the Kubrick live cd, but the process is stopped when 'Putting device into Fastboot mode" it say "Waiting for device..." The kindle screen is frozen, how to press next?

How to take a fastboot mode and how to restore my kindle? With the MfgTool.exe i can take it to the all mode,but that is all, i dont know how to restore it default.

Thanks all for help.

Thrillseeka
Thrillseeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #194
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
If you can, please use Kubrick on an *older* computer. Endless "Waiting for device" is most probably caused by a USB3 controller, which isn't currently supported by Kubrick.

Last edited by ixtab; 10-05-2013 at 07:13 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #195
Thrillseeka
Thrillseeka can extract oil from cheeseThrillseeka can extract oil from cheeseThrillseeka can extract oil from cheeseThrillseeka can extract oil from cheeseThrillseeka can extract oil from cheeseThrillseeka can extract oil from cheeseThrillseeka can extract oil from cheeseThrillseeka can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 4
I forgot to write, but i tried the Kubrick the real hardware, not from vmware etc.
If i press alt+f2 then logon and write lsusb i see 6 device, the first is:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 15a2:0052 Freescale Semicoductor, Inc.

The other 5 is Linux Foundation, Dell Computer, Logitech, Linux Foundation, Dell Computer

How to set fastboot moda?
Thrillseeka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debricking