Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Just In Case the Mayans were right. . .

Make sure you finish reading that book BEFORE December 21. No one want's to go through eternity wondering what happened.

What book(s) do you intend to read between now and then?

Me? I think I'm going to load up on a bunch of authors I never heard of from a self publishing site and get through as many as I can. I don't promise to finish a book if it stinks, but I will promise to give it a go. What the heck, writers need readers.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
My biggest regret would be not knowing how Breaking Bad ends.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #3
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'll definitely finish the current book - Sea of Crises. It's great by the way - lots of suspense and thrills - murder on the moon - you betcha!

But I'm not at risk of missing out on the deadline for that one. I'm hoping to get at least one more book read after that before the world ends and hopefully get up to date with my indie reviews (almost 5 behind now. )

I guess I'll go onto Brilliance of the Moon by Lian Hearn. If I can get the reviews up-to-date and that book finished I will have completed all my 2012 challenges except for my page count challenge which I'll definitely not complete.

Oh well - it's not the end of the world - or maybe it is.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:37 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Make sure you finish reading that book BEFORE December 21. No one want's to go through eternity wondering what happened.

Me? I think I'm going to load up on a bunch of authors I never heard of from a self publishing site and get through as many as I can. I don't promise to finish a book if it stinks, but I will promise to give it a go. What the heck, writers need readers.
You do realize that if the Maya were correct that the writer's won't need any readers because there will be no means to collect their royalties post 12/21.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:36 AM   #5
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
This topic is funny
Currently reading Natsume Soseki - Kokoro. I think I'll be able to finish in time ^_~
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:44 AM   #6
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Well if the world does come to an end George Martin will be able to breathe a sigh of relief. He will be able to just write off Game of Thrones and won't have the incomplete series hanging over his head
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:35 AM   #7
Turnstone
Zealot
Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Currently I am reading First Shift from the wool series. But I guess I am going to finish that this evening. Second Shift is next on my TBR list, and I hope I can finish that before the End!
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #8
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post

You can't take it with you????
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #9
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
You do realize that if the Maya were correct that the writer's won't need any readers because there will be no means to collect their royalties post 12/21.
Most of the writers I've met, need readers as much as they need royalties! Story telling is in their blood.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #10
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
Well if the world does come to an end George Martin will be able to breathe a sigh of relief. He will be able to just write off Game of Thrones and won't have the incomplete series hanging over his head
In which case, HE may go through eternity not knowing what happens next.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #11
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
You can't take it with you????
Do you REALLY want to take that risk?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #12
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
I just finished The Hobbit re-read and have now started a Lord of the Rings re-read. So luckily I already know how they end and won't be left hanging.

I remember last year, the world was supposed to end sometime in September (according to some claimed bible guru) I think and the Today show did an interview with a few families who were convinced the world was ending...sold their stuff, pulled their kids out of school, etc. I WISH they had done follow up interviews on the day after......"so, um...the world didn't end....sorry you sold all your stuff and quit your job?"
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #13
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I'm only 12% into War of Honor by David Weber after three or four days. At that rate I'm not going to finish it in time, and frankly it's not looking like a book I'd want as my last.

Luckily, the Mayans were completely right in not predicting the end of the world in 2012.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #14
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I'm only 12% into War of Honor by David Weber after three or four days. At that rate I'm not going to finish it in time, and frankly it's not looking like a book I'd want as my last.

Luckily, the Mayans were completely right in not predicting the end of the world in 2012.
That's what the Mayans and their alien overlords want you to think. . .
Old 12-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #15
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
What if the creator of the Mayan calendar was dyslexic and read the instructions from the priest wrong ... 12-21-12 vs. 12-12-12.....
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote