Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Not Relevant. Silly Blogs.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-06-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #17
TommyC
TommyC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Keyboard
I'm getting the 3G Paperwhite as well as the $299 8.9" Kindle Fire HD. I wish there was going to be a 32GB wifi only Kindle HD. Personally, it isn't worth an extra $250 dollars ($200 higher price + $50 for 1st year of 4G) to get the extra 16GB of memory. It's sad, though...I would *willingly* pay an extra $50 (and possibly even $100) to get a 32GB wifi version.
TommyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #18
miguel1626
Great Old One
miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 8 Plus
Kindle Paperwhite wifi, in about 5 months.

The only thing that irks me about it is the lack of physical page turn buttons. So I have a question for Kindle Touch owners: the on-screen buttons good enough for you? Or do you yearn for something more?
miguel1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #19
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I'm probably going to get the wifi only Paperwhite. But I'll wait and see some reviews first.

Last edited by ucfgrad93; 09-06-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: can't spell
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #20
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor78154 View Post
Does anyone know when they go on sale?
I believe they are supposed to go on sale today.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel1626 View Post
So I have a question for Kindle Touch owners: the on-screen buttons good enough for you? Or do you yearn for something more?
I really thought I'd hate the Touch not having buttons. I don't miss them even a little bit.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm getting the Kindle Paperwhite. $119 is an excellent price without Ads. It has everything I want. More fonts, Covers and a built in light. It weighs the same as the Touch but is thinner because it uses a Capacitive screen. The black bezel is awesome!

The time left feature is odd to me. I rather know the percentage I am at. I hope they keep that and don't get rid of it for the new one.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #23
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
3g not freeG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmy View Post
Definitely need more info.

If it is true unlimited 3G, no restrictions, then I will get the 3G model.
I doubt it.

But of course, it wasn't specified.
It isn't. read the small print in the amended previous agreements.
50 Mb a month now I believe. Probably be the same again.

The 1st of October for a release date or so they say - I would love to get a UK release date but meh.

x + n = who knows.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #24
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Though I am interested in seeing what the prices will be like for the Kindle Serials.
$1.99 per part, at least on the initial batch.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #25
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm getting the Kindle Paperwhite. $119 is an excellent price without Ads.
It's $119 with ads, $139 without...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GEKXUO
Old 09-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #26
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
One of each...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It's $119 with ads, $139 without...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GEKXUO
Oh they didn't mention it on the press release and blogs were saying the program was gone. so it looks like they were wrong!
Old 09-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #28
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008UB7DU6/ref=fs_clw

whoops I spoke too soon
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #29
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
$1.99 per part, at least on the initial batch.
I thought that $1.99 got you all of the parts.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #30
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
I'm getting the 3G Paperwhite as well as the $299 8.9" Kindle Fire HD. I wish there was going to be a 32GB wifi only Kindle HD. Personally, it isn't worth an extra $250 dollars ($200 higher price + $50 for 1st year of 4G) to get the extra 16GB of memory. It's sad, though...I would *willingly* pay an extra $50 (and possibly even $100) to get a 32GB wifi version.
You got it. $369.00.

Link
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote