Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-27-2024, 11:48 AM   #1
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Amazon's "Read Sample" not working

When I click on the 'read sample' button below a book, instead of the book sample opening up I just get a spinning buffering wheel. I don't know if this is because I use an ad-blocker, but I've had one for years and it's never been a problem. It's rather annoying as I'd like to see inside a book before buying, especially if it's from a new author.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 16.46.55.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	206048  
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 11:59 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
It works for me on Amazon.ca. Have you tried turning off your ad blocker to see if it works then?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2024, 12:41 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Had a problem like this yesterday, did not bother to try to trouble shoot. It was a comic book, FWIW.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 12:22 AM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Works for me, right now, on two different books.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 02:02 AM   #5
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I had a problem with the Read Sample also, a few months ago.

Turned out to be a Firefox issue. If I used MS Edge, no problems accessing the sample. But with Firefox, it would not load the sample. One of the updates fixed it, so all working now.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2024, 06:35 AM   #6
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Firstly, apologies for posting this thread in the wrong forum.

Secondly, I've had this problem with and without my adblocker. I'm on Amazon UK, using Google Chrome. Its updates don't seem to have resolved this.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 03:09 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you in the "lucky" % of Chrome users that have had cookies disabled?
Old 01-28-2024, 03:20 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Are you in the "lucky" % of Chrome users that have had cookies disabled?
It's supposed to be only 3rd party cookies, which can be disabled in most browsers anyway, I've disabled 3rd party cookies for years. They only exist for advertisers, and unsolicited is illegal in EU anyway.

I use Chromium if Firefox or Waterfox doesn't work (all allow disabling 3rd party cookies). Actual Chrome is sort of Spyware and Google are actually not disabling what 3rd party cookies do, but offering an alternate method to advertisers. So what Google is doing is disingenuous.

Every Amazon site feature works fine for me with 3rd party cookies disabled.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 04:43 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist

The one person I know who has had Google disable cookies in Chrome has reported multiple issues where he has run into problems. One is with an out of state library where he once could simply choose download .acsm file to obtain the book. Now he clicks and nothing happens. So far Edge and Firefox are still working for them and the library has responded that they are aware of the issue and working on a solution.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:38 AM   #10
SomeSteve
Addict
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle
I can't see the preview of Detective Comics #375 (among others) on Amazon US, UK, DE, or FR. The page turns black, the cover image is still visible, though muted, and a window with the error message "Sorry, there was a problem loading this page" and below it a button "Go back to Store" appears over it. If I refresh the page, sometimes a get a black screen with the endlessly turning circle. I ran into this problem for the first time a few days ago with several issues of the magazine, though most that I tried worked. Using Firefox.

ASIN: B086TW2QY8
SomeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote