Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-25-2017, 04:10 PM   #211
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
It should suffice to install the (very small) update package that you can find here.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:17 PM   #212
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Indeed it worked fine, thanks!
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:30 PM   #213
andrejristic
andrejristic began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
My biggest problem is that if I install Kobo Start Menu, my wifi automatically dies. Please help
andrejristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:16 PM   #214
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrejristic View Post
My biggest problem is that if I install Kobo Start Menu, my wifi automatically dies. Please help
There is a thread discussing KSM. I recommend asking for help there.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:19 AM   #215
andrejristic
andrejristic began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There is a thread discussing KSM. I recommend asking for help there.
Yet I've no clue where that is, because this is my FIRST POST because I've registered here literally a few days ago. Thanks for telling me to gao away. If you come to my neighborhood I promise to make you feel just as welcome
andrejristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:16 AM   #216
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrejristic View Post
Yet I've no clue where that is, because this is my FIRST POST because I've registered here literally a few days ago. Thanks for telling me to gao away. If you come to my neighborhood I promise to make you feel just as welcome
Huh? I told you there was a thread to discuss the tool you where using. Where did you think I was telling you to look? Somewhere other than this forum? I suppose it was a bit terse or lazy as I do tend to add "a search here should find it".

But, thinking about it now, my response was pretty stupid. After all, you had installed KSM. That must have meant you went to the source for KSM and read all about it. As that source is the thread I was referring to in my post, a post suggesting you should go there was a stupid thing to do. And of course, as you would have known all about KSM by reading that source, including a link to the thread would have been a waste of time.

My apologies for not doing your homework for you. But, as someone asking for help, you should really do some research. The thread supporting KSM is in plain site and active enough that it doesn't disappear. And to use your neighbourhood analogy: If you move into a new neighbourhood, don't you have a look around to see what is what and where things are?
Old 05-16-2018, 03:33 AM   #217
nozonyan
Enthusiast
nozonyan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Not sure if proper thread but...

I've recently bought a KA1 and installed KMS and KOreader following the instructions here.
I think everything works as it should but would it be possible to add some kind of shortcut to lunch koreader? Because everytime I must browse through my books collection to find the exit nickel or launch koreader pgn icons.
nozonyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:05 AM   #218
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Is there any hope in the future to be able to be able to automatically open pdfs with koreader from within nickel? (browsing using nickel, using the native reader for epubs and the like, and koreader for pdfs, as can be done on a jailbroken kindle).

Seem complicated from what understand so far, but maybe not beyond hope?
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:56 AM   #219
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You might find one of the Kobo patch guys over at the Kobo Developer Corner, that could make a patch to the Kobo firmware so that nickel exits to KOReader for PDFs, instead of using the stock pdf reader. But, that would likely require that the pdfs be processed into the kobo database.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:24 PM   #220
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Thanks. Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to add the pdfs to the database when the storage is unmounted. I'll try to check libnickel and to understand better how this stuff works behind the hood.
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:19 AM   #221
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
Quote:
Huh? I told you there was a thread to discuss the tool you where using. Where did you think I was telling you to look? Somewhere other than this forum? I suppose it was a bit terse or lazy as I do tend to add "a search here should find it".

But, thinking about it now, my response was pretty stupid. After all, you had installed KSM. That must have meant you went to the source for KSM and read all about it. As that source is the thread I was referring to in my post, a post suggesting you should go there was a stupid thing to do. And of course, as you would have known all about KSM by reading that source, including a link to the thread would have been a waste of time.

My apologies for not doing your homework for you. But, as someone asking for help, you should really do some research. The thread supporting KSM is in plain site and active enough that it doesn't disappear. And to use your neighbourhood analogy: If you move into a new neighbourhood, don't you have a look around to see what is what and where things are?
The mod thinks that this is a helpful comment, does he/r? Attacking someone who is lost and is simply seeking help shouldn't be what this board is about but, sadly, it seems to be.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:57 PM   #222
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readirect View Post
The mod thinks that this is a helpful comment, does he/r? Attacking someone who is lost and is simply seeking help shouldn't be what this board is about but, sadly, it seems to be.
And someone looking for help attacking the responder is a good idea?

If you have a problem with any of my posts, please report them to a moderator.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:58 PM   #223
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Minor nit. Davidfor is not a moderator. He is willing to offer help but like many people, expects you to make the effort to help yourself.

What the heck, go to the Kobo Developer's Corner and try putting ksm and wifi into the search box (I'd recommend displaying posts not threads).

Given the two posts by andrejristic, one stating that he had installed KSM (no version information given) and his wifi did not work. What version of KSM? What Kobo ereader model? What firmware revision? Who needs that kind of information? The second complains about the answer he received. Sheeshhh.... you are having an issue with KSM, check the KSM threads for possible answers. Once you've done that, then ask your question in a KSM thread for the version of KSM you are running.

To quote the tagline used by one poster in these forums: In general: I am willing to Help, Not do your Homework for you. - I will provide: key words, tips, links - - and my favorite... Brainstorming a unique situation.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:39 AM   #224
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
Quote:
Huh? I told you there was a thread to discuss the tool you where using. Where did you think I was telling you to look? Somewhere other than this forum? ... My apologies for not doing your homework for you. ...
You think the snark is helpful, do you? No. it isn't. If you have nothing useful to say, you probably shouidn't say it.

Bullies irritate the hell out of me.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:44 AM   #225
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You think the snark is helpful, do you? No. it isn't. If you have nothing useful to say, you probably shouidn't say it.

Bullies irritate the hell out of me.
Was the snark helpful? Probably not. Was it deserved, I think so. Should I have replied that way? Probably not. Was it bullying? I don't think so, but, maybe I'm the best judge here. I know I was annoyed by the response I received and made a snarky response. Someone else want to tell me if they saw that as bullying? And no, I don't think you are a good judge as you seem to think the response I initially received was OK.

And of course, I did have something useful to say. That was my initial response. Unfortunately, the person I responded to decided to attack me. And yes, if someone attacks me, I will probably respond. How will depend on the attack, but there will probably be some sarcasm involved.

But, really? Your first post was five months after the original post. Now it's six weeks later. And you seem to have ignored your earlier post and my response. And you have returned to bully me. That is what you are doing, so it is a bit hypocritical of you.

As I stated before. If you have a problem with my posts, please report them to a moderator. Or at the least, respond a bit quicker.