Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-15-2018, 09:55 PM   #1
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Merge Books function behaviour change

I've been cleaning up my library, and have noticed a change in the merge books function since the last upgrade. I used to be able the highlight the books I want to be merged, press M, then the enter key to have the books merged. Now, with the last upgrade when I highlight the books, press M, the main program window loses focus (this is ok), the merge confirmation box gains focus, and the yes box is highlighted (this is ok), but when I press enter, the main program gains focus, (the merge box is still displayed over the main program box), and the only way for the merge to be executed is to physically click on the yes box. Previously all you had to do was press enter.
Is this behavior change intentional?
Thanks for the help.
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Does not happen for me, what OS are you on?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2018, 04:12 PM   #3
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

I'm on windows 7 home premium, and the latest version of Calibre.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:50 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont have a windows 7 machine any more but it works on my win10 machine and my linux machine. Anybody else experiencing this?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #5
toomuchreading
Groupie

I just wanted to update this thread, and let you know that with the latest update of Calibre, everything is back to normal. I can use enter again to get the book merge started without having to physically click on OK. Whatever was changed or recompiled, the gremlins have been vanquished.

Thanks for the great work that you and your team do and a fantastic piece of software.
Advert