Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: What book that's time-ly will we read for April?
1916: The Easter Rising by Tim Pat Coogan 3 17.65%
1632 by Eric Flint 5 29.41%
The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North 4 23.53%
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde 3 17.65%
The Time Machine by H. G. Wells 4 23.53%
Making History by Stephen Fry 8 47.06%
Days Without Number by Robert Goddard 4 23.53%
All Our Wrong Todays by Elan Mastai 7 41.18%
Their Finest, by Lissa Evans 2 11.76%
The Bay of Noon by Shirley Hazzard 7 41.18%
Naples '44: A World War II Diary of Occupied Italy by Norman Lewis 6 35.29%
Time and Again by Jack Finney 4 23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2018, 11:05 PM   #31
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Only 2 less than February though.

For one of those two votes...I have had a severe lack of time recently which will continue for at least the next month and I can't commit to reading anything at this point. I wasn't even able to check availability this time around. I still hope to read the selection but without being sure I didn't want to sway things in any direction.

I should be able to start March's selection this week. It's short so hopefully that means I can finish it too.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:42 PM   #32
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I was able to find the book in my Cloud Library. You might want to try that as an option too. I always try my Overdrive libraries first! This book may not be that easy to locate in the US.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2018, 03:51 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have Making History ready to side load. I'll do so between soonish and when I fininish The Old Man and the Sea (52% done).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:59 PM   #34
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Fortunately, this book is available at a reasonable price at AmazonUK. £2.99

Frankly, I didn't relish paying $10 USD for it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:07 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Fortunately, this book is available at a reasonable price at AmazonUK. £2.99

Frankly, I didn't relish paying $10 USD for it.
I got it from Overdrive.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #36
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not currently available at my library, Jon. And not likely to be acquired before I need it, though I did make a recommendation for it.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:37 PM   #37
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I was lucky enough to get a hardback version from my library today. Plan to start it tonight with the snowy/icy weather outside, chicken soup, and a nice Hop Cakes Imperial IPA for desert.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #38
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Waiting for a print copy from the Ottawa Public Library - in transit, so hopefully soon available for pickup at my home branch.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:26 PM   #39
CRussel
(he/him/his)

If it weren't so difficult for me to read DT books, I might well do that, bfisher. But being able to get it for $5.34 CAD ($4.15 USD) gets it down to a price I'm willing to pay.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:03 PM   #40
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
If it weren't so difficult for me to read DT books, I might well do that, bfisher. But being able to get it for $5.34 CAD ($4.15 USD) gets it down to a price I'm willing to pay.
Yes, I'd prefer the ebook version, but it's $CAD 10.99 at amazon.ca vs $15.09 at Kobo. If they had priced it at $5. I might have gone for that.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:51 AM   #41
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
Yes, I'd prefer the ebook version, but it's $CAD 10.99 at amazon.ca vs $15.09 at Kobo. If they had priced it at $5. I might have gone for that.
Yup, I understand. Neither of the Canadian sources was a viable option for me.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:09 AM   #42
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Not cheap in Australia, either. AUD$14.99 is stretching the friendship for an e-book.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:15 AM   #43
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Agreed. Luckily for me, my library has it.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:28 AM   #44
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
I have a 'hold' on this at my library. Apparently I'm first in line but I think the current person could still have it for a while. If it doesn't get to me before 1st Mar I'll probably buy it.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:38 AM   #45
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
For everyone waiting to get to the book - it is a quick read. I go through 100 pages in one sitting (and that was with the slowing addition of two 16 oz IPAs).
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote