Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 07:37 PM   #241
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura, Galaxy Tab 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
When connecting the reader via usb to use RKBatchTool how do you get it in the right mode without a volume key to hold in during USB connection?
The home button acts as the volume key. Hence, press the home key while off and insert the USB cable.
fernsruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:32 PM   #242
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernsruben View Post
The home button acts as the volume key. Hence, press the home key while off and insert the USB cable.

I suspected such, but I'm glad for the first hand info. Thanks.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2018, 03:10 PM   #243
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernsruben View Post
Do you mean the back button on the front? I thought this had only two physical buttons - back button and power button.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:19 AM   #244
DoktrJones
DoktrJones is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook mini, likebook plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Do you mean the back button on the front? I thought this had only two physical buttons - back button and power button.
The back button acts as a home button as well on long-press

For me there was no need to power off the device first, just plugged it in and held the home and power button a few seconds until it showed up in RKBatchtool.
DoktrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:37 PM   #245
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktrJones View Post
The back button acts as a home button as well on long-press

For me there was no need to power off the device first, just plugged it in and held the home and power button a few seconds until it showed up in RKBatchtool.
Thanks!
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2018, 02:24 AM   #246
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Okay so I have a question. I have a jailbroken PW3 that I use epub with KOreader and don't use any of the kindle app stuff on it. I need a frontlight as I always use my PW3 on about lvl 16 brightness. My question is will this be good for installing chrome (can be slow just need it to get epubs on internal storage) and Moon+reader pro. Also I like the form factor of the PW3 is the T63/S to slow a device to get this kind of setup as well? All my other devices are android so i'm very familiar with using the os. Next question since its Android 4.2 does it let you make a pattern lock for the lock screen?

Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:10 AM   #247
DoktrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
My question is will this be good for installing chrome (can be slow just need it to get epubs on internal storage) and Moon+reader pro.
Yep, chrome is very usable on the likebook plus, this won't be any problem.

Quote:
Also I like the form factor of the PW3 is the T63/S to slow a device to get this kind of setup as well?
I'm guessing it's similar to the kindle browser, both devices have 512mb ram right? Btw can't you download files using the kindle browser? If that works maybe stick to the pw3, it has better build quality and battery life going for it.

Quote:
Next question since its Android 4.2 does it let you make a pattern lock for the lock screen?
You can only set a password by default but there are apps that do this.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:17 PM   #248
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yep, chrome is very usable on the likebook plus, this won't be any problem.

I'm guessing it's similar to the kindle browser, both devices have 512mb ram right? Btw can't you download files using the kindle browser? If that works maybe stick to the pw3, it has better build quality and battery life going for it.

You can only set a password by default but there are apps that do this.
I take it these are the same device if they are T80S but IDK what firmware they have that would mean you can or can't put the play store on it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/T80S-eBook-...oAAOSwDylakq3a
Old 07-01-2018, 05:38 AM   #249
DoktrJones

Quote:
I take it these are the same device if they are T80S but IDK what firmware they have that would mean you can or can't put the play store on it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/T80S-eBook-...oAAOSwDylakq3a
Yes, the pictures are of the t80 but it says in the description that the item being sold is the t80s. The play store is installed on all firmwares afaik
Old 07-01-2018, 11:18 AM   #250
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Yes, the pictures are of the t80 but it says in the description that the item being sold is the t80s. The play store is installed on all firmwares afaik
Ah cool, I noticed they all come from same place in the US so all the sellers are getting them from the same warehouse imported. So I grabbed one. Now I was wondering if there is an old thread comparing decent flip cases that don't go wonky with sleep magnets ect. The PW3 browser could not open the menus I needed to download files and the skipstone one was way to buggy and could not zoom out pages. I also have glaucoma so staring at my smaller phone already is bad enough, I figured the extra inche will really help relax my eyes but will see. Thanks for your advice BTW.

Malcolm
Old 07-10-2018, 02:09 AM   #251
rvcjew
Addict

Wanted to chime in and say I got the reader and it even came with an oem variant case which I was not expecting. It is so much easier on my eyes and works just as I wanted it to, there are some gripes but they don't effect my use case. I want to do a review later vs the PW3 and just in general after I have used it for a while but so far I could not be happier. Here's a quick pic of my setup on moon plus vs koreader on the PW3. So much more room for text and also room for the proper spacing of paragraphs.

Malcolm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0709181939.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	164972  
Old 07-20-2018, 06:06 AM   #252
michailbachtin
Enthusiast
michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Sony PSR-1
GoldenDict Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
Hi guys.
I got my Boyue Paper (o Likebook Plus) a few days ago. And I can tell you that I am very happy with it. I was just what I was looking for. The screen is nice (both definition, touch-reaction and backlight) and the firmware works smoothly. Battery performance is not bad at all for this kind of Android devices. It comes with Google Play installed so you can install whatever you want. It also has OTG and Bluetooth.

On the downside I have to say that it doesn't have page-turn buttons (it doesn't have a reset button). It doesn't have a Micro-SD slot (although I don't think it is necessary since it has 16G of internal storage). The device is rootable but it seems the firmware update tools stops working when rooted. So in order to update you would have to unroot, update and the root again. It also seems that installing Xposed could block the device. I find the weight a little bit too much (290gr), specially compared to the Kobo Aura One which is only 230gr.

One last thing, if you want to use Goldendict don't install the Google play version because it won't work inside other apps. You have install either the GoldenDict-1.6.5-Android-3.0+ version or the normal GoldenDict-1.6.5 from their website:
Free version
Paid version

If you want a deeper analysis I have posted it in this Spanish forum
Overall I think it is a great e-reader and it is the one I am using all the time at home. And if you have further questions just let me know.

EDIT: Used Root Master for rooting.

Hi!

I was wondering whether it's safe to update the Goldendict app on my Icarus now. Earlier I had the same problem you reported: the display of the dictionaries didn't work. It does now, but the display of Greek characters is awful. Where there should be accents there are only empty spaces.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks for you previous post. Without Goldendict, the Icarus eReader would be useless to me.

Cheers,

B.-
michailbachtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:10 AM   #253
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by michailbachtin View Post
Hi!

I was wondering whether it's safe to update the Goldendict app on my Icarus now. Earlier I had the same problem you reported: the display of the dictionaries didn't work. It does now, but the display of Greek characters is awful. Where there should be accents there are only empty spaces.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks for you previous post. Without Goldendict, the Icarus eReader would be useless to me.

Cheers,

B.-

Well, you can update it if you want to try the new version. If it doesn't work you just have to install back the previous apk file. I haven't updated anything for a while. So if you do it, let us know what happens.
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:11 AM   #254
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
The Unicode coverage varies for different fonts.

Some fonts don't have characters for some special letters in some languages. So you may want to check first in some font browser software that the font cover the letters in your country, before you install and use the font. Also some books may have a reduced set of characters from conversions earlier.

This is a common problem for me with ÅÄÖåäö letters and characters in Swedish. But the Unicode coverage seems to improve generally.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:54 PM   #255
airbus02
Enthusiast
airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle pw3
One of the hardest things about the Boyue Likebook Plus (I actually have the Icarus with Boyue firmware) is that there only seems to be one case designed for the reader on ali express for 18.98. I also happened to choose this model to occasionally type on it. It matched well with the logitech k380, but as portable bluetooth keyboard go the k380 is on the heavy side and it doesn't fold.
I decided to experiment a bit and may have gotten lucky. The Boyue LIkebook 7.8 has very similar though not identical dimensions to the Ipad Mini. The Brydge mini blueooth keyboard is made expressly for the Ipad mini, but I happened to find one cheap through E-bay and tried it.
It does pair with the Likebook 7.8, the e-reader fits the clips pretty well (I'm a little nervous about the fit though because of the pressure against the rubberized frame). It does fit, though it's not a perfect clamshell fit: the Likebook is a little shorter and noticeably wider.
I use Jotter Pad, google drive, bluetooth always on, along with screen rotation software and it seems to work pretty well as a mini-Ereader based word processor.
One of the surprise bonuses is that the right arrow key on the keyboard will turn the pages if I use it as a reader. It actually allows for no-handed reading in bed and the arrow key does a better job of dependably turning the pages than swiping my finger. I actually prefer reading books in landscape mode. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BLg...CTQVyOiPt/view
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	likebookbrydge.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	611.9 KB
ID:	165507  

Last edited by airbus02; 08-10-2018 at 12:01 AM.
airbus02 is offline   Reply With Quote