Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
Canary
Eager Reader
Canary began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Problem with downloading books on classic nook.

I just got a nook today and I registered a credit card on my barnes and noble account and it's accepted and everything, but when i go to Library and download the book, it gives me an error. It's a working credit card.
it says;

'This item cannot be downloaded. there might be a problem with the payment. Please contact customer service at 1-800-THE-BOOK to correct the problem. we apologize for any inconvenience.'

Anyone know what might be causing the problem?
Canary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Sometimes there is a problem with their servers. SInce you have already paid for it and it is established as a book you own, you should be able to try it again (it should show up in your B&N library and if you try to read it, it will try to download it again). If it fails again, I'd call them.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2011, 07:19 AM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Go to your library on the B&N website to see if the book was really bought. There will probably be a message next to the book that there was a problem with payment, and to phone customer service. You will not be able to download the book, or buy it again until this is solved (in 7 to 10 days the order will probably be cancelled and you can delete it from your library and buy it again).
If this is indeed the case take a look at the payment information of your B&N account, because something probably is not right about that information.

Two other things:
1. Even if you buy a free book, there needs to be some money on your card for verification/validation of the card.
2. You cannot buy books outside the US without using workarounds.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Yes, geertm is thinking that maybe the payment never happened, whereas I was assuming that the payment did happen but the download failed.

When you buy a book, you should get an email receipt for the payment. This is another way to check whether the payment went thru.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote