Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-16-2019, 05:17 PM   #1
MarcusW
MarcusW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPhone, IPad
Previously saved EPUB on Mac??

I have manually entered parts of a document for a more detailed Table of Contents, saved it several times, then (for some stupid reason) converted a document already in EPUB and lost every single one of the additional Table of Contents entries that took me two hours to do. Does Mac have previous versions of the document I just screwed up filed someone so I can go get it and save myself the high blood pressure of having to do everything all over again?
Thanks in advance...
Marcus
MarcusW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:32 PM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
No, macOS doesn't keep old versions, but...

... it does have a built-in backup utility, called TimeMachine, that does just that. You must setup TM pointing it to an external drive beforehand, though. There's no way to do it after the fact.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert