Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-19-2019, 09:01 AM   #31
Vadym
Vadym began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Has someone update it to 2.1 already?

Last edited by Vadym; 03-19-2019 at 10:02 AM.
Vadym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:13 AM   #32
helen19770707
Connoisseur
helen19770707 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx C67 kindle Onyx Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadym View Post
Has someone update it to 2.1 already?
I have heard that some Chinese users has updated to 2.1 but heard nothing for overseas version. May be it still needs some time.
helen19770707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2019, 12:31 AM   #33
helen19770707
Connoisseur
helen19770707 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx C67 kindle Onyx Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
Link worked for me later, thanks for sharing that.
I was ready to purchase from Amazon, but they're sold out already. Shame it's so hard to purchase Onyx in U.S.
You are welcome.

I have sent an email to ask when the Nova Pro will be back to stock on Amazon. They replied me that I could get one from their Booxshop via https://shop.boox.com/products/boox-nova-pro-7-8, and that it will be available on Amazon around April. You could have a look. I could not decide to buy the Note Pro or the Nova Pro.

Last edited by helen19770707; 04-07-2020 at 05:56 AM.
helen19770707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:00 AM   #34
Landranger
Landranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Aura and Onyx Book Nova Pro
Hi everyone, this is my first post and just received this Nova Pro yesterday. Haven't had time to get used to it yet, coming from a Kobo Aura, but do like the USB-C connectivity and note taking ability.

Question, I haven't been able to successfully ise Google play. I got to the part where I log into my Google account, but when clicking the Google play app an error message comes up saying the device isn't certified. The process to install doesn't quite look like the tutorials I've found online. Any help accessing the Google Play store would be appreciated!��
Landranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:09 AM   #35
Santa9
Santa9 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hi,

I m thinking of getting a Nova Pro, but wonder how well the note taking (side note) app works with ePub, especially books from libraries that I get via overdrive..

Have u tried doing side-notes with ePub books? Or with Kindle books on this device?

I do a lot of drawing and note taking when reading. If this works well, I I could finally get my notes organized..

Cheers!
Santa9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2019, 10:28 AM   #36
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by helen19770707 View Post
You are welcome.

I have sent an email to ask when the Nova Pro will be back to stock on Amazon. They replied me that I could get one from their Booxshop via https://shop.boox.com/products/boox-nova-pro-7-8, and that it will be available on Amazon around April. You could have a look. I could not decide to buy the Note Pro or the Nova Pro.
They told me about Amazon: "It is expected to be released in one month. But we are not sure about it."

So "around" April sounds right.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:40 AM   #37
isaact33
isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx boox m96 & Boox Max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by helen19770707 View Post
I have heard that some Chinese users has updated to 2.1 but heard nothing for overseas version. May be it still needs some time.
The update worked for me. If you change the language to mandrin or Cantonese it should update.
isaact33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:51 AM   #38
Vadym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landranger View Post
Hi everyone, this is my first post and just received this Nova Pro yesterday. Haven't had time to get used to it yet, coming from a Kobo Aura, but do like the USB-C connectivity and note taking ability.

Question, I haven't been able to successfully ise Google play. I got to the part where I log into my Google account, but when clicking the Google play app an error message comes up saying the device isn't certified. The process to install doesn't quite look like the tutorials I've found online. Any help accessing the Google Play store would be appreciated!��
try this https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...readers-video/

@isaact33
easy peasy!
done
thanks!
Old 03-20-2019, 12:03 PM   #39
Vadym

isaact33
could you please tell me there was an option to disable the touch mode when I make notes over pdf file
so I zoomed in a little bit and want to scribble but when I put hand over screen it starts to move that page by touch mode, previously there was an icon for disabling this mode, now I don't see it
Old 03-20-2019, 01:01 PM   #40
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Yup, that does work for enabling the Play Store. But it might take a couple of attempts.

Worked right away on my Note Pro, but took several attempts on my Nova Pro. Am currently downloading my preferred apps.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:05 PM   #41
badtux
badtux began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx BOOX Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Yup, that does work for enabling the Play Store. But it might take a couple of attempts.
Same here. I wanted to install the Nook app so I'd have both my Kindle and Nook content on my new Nova Pro, but it took a couple of attempts to get the device activated and the Play Store enabled before it actually "stuck".
badtux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:20 PM   #42
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by badtux View Post
Same here. I wanted to install the Nook app so I'd have both my Kindle and Nook content on my new Nova Pro, but it took a couple of attempts to get the device activated and the Play Store enabled before it actually "stuck".
How's the Kindle experience using the app?
Can you highlight and take notes at all?
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:36 PM   #43
badtux
badtux began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx BOOX Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
How's the Kindle experience using the app?
Can you highlight and take notes at all?
Hi, the Kindle experience is sort of... interesting. I'm still playing with the optimization settings to get it to run smoothly. I have no problem reading my stuff, it's just a bit laggy because the app wasn't designed for e-ink. But I also have the Nook app and Moon+ Reader for reading the unencrypted books from my Calibre library (things like reference books that came unencrypted when I paid $$$ for the paper copy, plus various free books from Gutenberg etc.), so having all of my books on one device makes it worthwhile.

As far as making notes, I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Parts of the Kindle interface are invisible at the moment so it may be that the thing I need to select is invisible. I'm going to take a look at it on a regular color Android tablet and see if I'm just not seeing the option to make a note....
badtux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:30 AM   #44
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Not much of a Kindle user myself. Have only ever bought one ebook from Amazon which I converted using Calbre. However, found a post over on the Onyx BBS forum which might be of use to some Kindle users:

Quote:
I doubt that anyone will read this, but I have just been told by Onyx support that the proper way to get the Kindle reader app to do page turning is to:

Long press on the Kindle icon in Apps
Select ‘Optimize’
Set the Animation Timeout to 300.

It would be very helpful if these recommended configurations were more easily findable than just coming across them in the forums!

http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...-turning/851/3
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:02 PM   #45
Landranger
Landranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLandranger can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Aura and Onyx Book Nova Pro
Quote:
try this https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...readers-video/

@isaact33
easy peasy!
done
thanks!
Thanks for the link! Had to restart, the final step :-D
Landranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, usb c