Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Today, 03:00 PM   #211
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Disney wants to keep control of its characters and stories. People are advocating that those should go into public domain. Ergo...gimme gimme
Of course it's going to eventually go into public domain. That's the contract. I want to get paid for code that I wrote 20 years ago and are still in use. The company says they already paid me. What's the difference?

Your whole arguing point seems to keep circling around to "because I say so, and if you disagree you are saying gimme, gimme, gimme". I say that someone who creates something under a set of rules and then gets the rules changed so they will get paid even more is the one saying gimme, gimme, gimme.

You basically assert that copyright should be permanently assigned to the author and his or her heirs because, well, I guess because you say so. So far you haven't given any real rational for it, any benefit to society as a whole, why you think this is a good idea. You just say, because I say so and if you disagree you want something for nothing.
pwalker8 is online now   Reply With Quote