Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-08-2019, 05:15 AM   #1
gilali
Connoisseur
gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KOBO Libra + H2Ov2 + Aura2
Question Koreader on Kobo Libra H2O. Hard button inverted in portrait

Hello,
I confirm Koreader works very nice on Libra.
Tested with KSM09.

Only one thing.
In Landscape orientation screen, right button turns pages forward => OK for me
But in portrait (left or righ handled), up button goes backward => not OK for me because i prefer forward under my thumb.

Is it possible to invert button only on Portrait ?
I think Keymapping method will change for the 2 orientations, not only one.

Thanks for your advices
gilali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:29 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nope, invert inverts everywhere. There may already be a FR opened on GitHub, where I've said that I won't bother implementing this myself, but PRs welcome .

This might no longer be needed when the profile PR is done, though.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:52 AM   #3
gilali
Connoisseur
gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

I already tried "Invert page turn buttons" :
=> Same effect on both orientation, not only on portrait.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:25 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That is what I meant by "invert inverts everywhere" .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:36 PM   #5
gilali
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Nope, invert inverts everywhere. There may already be a FR opened on GitHub, where I've said that I won't bother implementing this myself, but PRs welcome .

This might no longer be needed when the profile PR is done, though.
You know how to do things like that. Cool
I am not familiar with PR and FR, I think Pull and Features Requests.
By the way, I have some ideas for improving Koreader, maybe not all bad, but I do not know where to submit them.

These are mostly ideas about UX, accumulated since the v2015.11-1715-g68c1246_2018-05-16 version, ie a year and a half of reading on my old Aura H202v1.

For the history, I stopped updates after anunreproductible bug, sometimes freezing randomly my device and erasing my book highlights. I really can not say if it was caused by the release or by my custom settings.
In doubt, i downgraded Koreader and here we are

Now, with my new Libra, what a pleasure to be up to date, on both hardware and software. Big thanks to Koreader Community
Old 10-08-2019, 05:09 PM   #6
gilali
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
That is what I meant by "invert inverts everywhere" .
You were clear enought but... I was in default weekly mail notification, I thought I was in instant notification. So without email, I wrote without looking last posts