Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-19-2019, 12:52 AM   #1
Neam
Neam began at the beginning.

Device: None
Unhappy Nook on Android Tablet App

Hi, stumbled upon this website by accident and hoping someone can help me.

I have an Acer tablet - about 2 years old. I have the Nook App on it with a bunch of books downloaded in it. I want to remove the drm (?) from some of these books so I can eventually read them on my new Oasis. Problem is, I'm totally stupid when it comes to things like this!

My Nook App just upgraded itself - didn't ask for that, but that's life.

Can anyone help me, step by step for this please. Even if I could just get the books transferred to my laptop I know how to remove the drm, but I can't even figure that out.

I've tried Nook PC, Nook Study, tried downloading older versions of it all, nothing works. Even downloaded a new app on another android device and it won't even let me sign in. The ONLY thing I can get it to work on is the Nook app on the Acer....sorry, rambling here.

I read somewhere on here that it's in the root. I have NO idea what this means. Is there a simple way to get the books out and if I have to root my tablet is there a simple way to unroot it. If yes, where do I find step by step direction for someone who is clueless?

Thank you
Neam
Neam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 03:19 PM   #2
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Hi there. Welcome to these forums. First of all, we cannot discuss step by step directions for removing DRM here because it is against forum rules. Google "Apprentice Alf" and you will find more help there.

However, I have not had any luck lately with B&N books. Around the first of the year, Nook for PC and Nook Study stopped working for me. I could still get my books from the Nook for Windows 10 app. Sometime around April, I tried to "buy" one of the Free Friday books and Barnes & Noble made me change my password. Since then the books from the Windows 10 app don't work in Calibre with the Alf tools. I don't have any Android stuff so I don't know anything about that. Good luck to you. Sorry I can't be more help.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:05 PM   #3
Neam

Thank you.

For anyone who can help, sorry, my question is rooting my andriod tablet and then unrooting - is it possible and if so, how.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:28 AM   #4
Raphi'Elohim
Banned
Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Raphi'Elohim can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: NOOK Glowlight plus 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neam View Post
Thank you.

For anyone who can help, sorry, my question is rooting my andriod tablet and then unrooting - is it possible and if so, how.
That is kind of off topic, I would guess, since your Android tablet is a not a Nook eReader.

Anyway, yeah, B&N has made it so hard to crack their DRM , recently, that I had to root my NOOK and get my encrypted key from it that way so I could use it with Calibre plugins. So you might be on the right path.

Google is your friend but you might need google on steroids for this and some ad hock computer expert knowledge. I am computer expert so it wasn't impossible for me to accomplish :

Raphi'Elohim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:38 PM   #5
Neam

Thanks. I'm no expert so I think I'll give up the ghost and decide which of the few books I will rebuy. One I really want in paperback but they never brought it out that way.

I do appreciate it. I have the nook, but rooting it sounds like it will be too hard for me.

Tags
troubleshooting