Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-17-2018, 08:31 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Files locked on Jetbook?

Somehow I've managed to lock the books on a Jetbook I've sold. I wanted to clear my books and found that I can't delete them? How did I do this and is there any way to correct it?

EDIT: I was able to get into the diagnostic menu (thanks to an old post here) and reset the machine. For some reason copying all the books with the directory structure from Linux to the Jetbook corrupts something. (I know, I tried it again and I now realize what I did the first time.) At any rate, after the second reset, I was able to load books via Calibre and delete them directly from the Jetbook, so it looks like the issue is solved. I'll let the buyer figure out how to put the default books back on (if he wants them). Looks like I could do it book by book, if I wanted to.

Last edited by rcentros; 12-18-2018 at 12:03 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:25 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Somehow I've managed to lock the books on a Jetbook I've sold. I wanted to clear my books and found that I can't delete them? How did I do this and is there any way to correct it?

EDIT: I was able to get into the diagnostic menu (thanks to an old post here) and reset the machine. For some reason copying all the books with the directory structure from Linux to the Jetbook corrupts something. (I know, I tried it again and I now realize what I did the first time.) At any rate, after the second reset, I was able to load books via Calibre and delete them directly from the Jetbook, so it looks like the issue is solved. I'll let the buyer figure out how to put the default books back on (if he wants them). Looks like I could do it book by book, if I wanted to.
Remember the Jetbook uses windows FAT for the file system on the storage partition and SD card.

I always formatted my Jetbook Lite using FAT32.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:37 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Remember the Jetbook uses windows FAT for the file system on the storage partition and SD card.

I always formatted my Jetbook Lite using FAT32.
Linux should be able to write to FAT32 (or FAT16) without issue. I've got a feeling that it has more to do with permission attributes (although I'm not sure how that would pass on to the FAT16 partition).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote