Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2019, 08:04 PM   #3331
k2uskindle
k2uskindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre won't send books to my Jailbroken Voyage

I need some help. I've got a Voyage, Jailbroken using the methods here, and updated to 5.8.7.0.1.

Recently I decided to clean up my Voyage, so I copied the entire Documents folder to my hard drive, and then deleted almost everything in it.

Now whether I sideload a mobi into Document from my computer, or use Calibre to do it, the Voyage doesn't show the new book.

Plugged into the usb cable, the books show up, and they also show up in Calibre, but not on the kindle list of books themselves, and search doesn't find them either.

Is it possible that somehow my Voyage isn't indexing new books?

What can I do to fix this, as it's making my Kindle useless for adding new books by sideload.

thanks for any help, this is puzzling to me.
k2uskindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:19 PM   #3332
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2uskindle View Post
I need some help. I've got a Voyage, Jailbroken using the methods here, and updated to 5.8.7.0.1.

Recently I decided to clean up my Voyage, so I copied the entire Documents folder to my hard drive, and then deleted almost everything in it.

Now whether I sideload a mobi into Document from my computer, or use Calibre to do it, the Voyage doesn't show the new book.

Plugged into the usb cable, the books show up, and they also show up in Calibre, but not on the kindle list of books themselves, and search doesn't find them either.

Is it possible that somehow my Voyage isn't indexing new books?

What can I do to fix this, as it's making my Kindle useless for adding new books by sideload.

thanks for any help, this is puzzling to me.
You don't mention the metadata folder and files for each book ("*.sdr"), so I assume you didn't delete those.

We have posted here, somewhere, a script that will clean up the mess you made of the Kindle files.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:36 PM   #3333
k2uskindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You don't mention the metadata folder and files for each book ("*.sdr"), so I assume you didn't delete those.

We have posted here, somewhere, a script that will clean up the mess you made of the Kindle files.
I deleted everything from the Documents folder. Some of my books seem to have meta data, and others do not appear to have it. Is that the problem?

Where and what is the script?
Old 02-18-2019, 10:39 PM   #3334
k2uskindle

I found this :https://www.ereader-palace.com/one-c...olders-kindle/ and ran it.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:09 AM   #3335
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2uskindle View Post
With what result?
Did it fix your problem(s)?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:29 AM   #3336
k2uskindle

Seems to be working okay now. I had particular problems with some DocX files that I converted in Calibre to mobi and sent to kindle using Calibre. I ended up sending them to my kindle email address, and then they showed up on the Kindle.

thanks for the help.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:47 AM   #3337
Frawi
Frawi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi guys,

I've bought a pre-owned Oasis 2, probably updated by the pre-owner. The device was originally bought from Amazon Germany on 24.10.2018. Her are the device infos:

Serial: G000 P812 8144 0190
Firmware version: 5.10.2 (3374510058)

Is there any chance to jailbreak the device (without searching this serial port)? My old Voyage was jailbroken to show the book covers as screensavers, a feature I like very much and would like to have it on my KOA2, too.

Thanks a lot for your support, regards!
Frank
Frawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:33 AM   #3338
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
There is no software jailbreak for 5.10.2

There have been no reports of finding the serial port for KOA2.

There have been no reports of successfully opening the case of a KOA2 without large amounts of physical damage.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:54 AM   #3339
Frawi

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
There is no software jailbreak for 5.10.2.
And this solution I read about (downgrade to an older firmware version and then software jailbreak) isn't possible for KOA2?
Old 03-02-2019, 11:12 AM   #3340
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frawi View Post
And this solution I read about (downgrade to an older firmware version and then software jailbreak) isn't possible for KOA2?
For some years the firmware does not allow installing previous versions. That is reason serial port methods are required to install older firmware versions. (And no known way to get to KOA2 serial port, if it even exists on the circuit board.)
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:16 AM   #3341
Frawi

Seems that I have to arrange myself to the terrible amazon screensavers.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:37 PM   #3342
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frawi View Post
Seems that I have to arrange myself to the terrible amazon screensavers.
Either that or get yourself another Kindle that you can JB and sell this one to someone who can live with the Oasis as Amazon offers it.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #3343
Frawi

Hi Dave,
of course I will keep it. The idea with the screensaver was only to make a real good thing a little better as it always is. So maybe (hopefully) someday someone will find a way....
Regards!
Frank
Old 04-05-2019, 07:05 PM   #3344
NetForceExplorer
NetForceExplorer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 | G090G1 | 5.9.7
Dear Forum-Members,

during my research about jailbreaking my Kindle Paperwhite 3 (SN G090G1...) at Firmware 5.9.7. Fortunately I have some spare serial to usb adapter because according to this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
It is the only way to jailbreak.

But I have a few questions. Should I downgrade the firmware? If so, how to do it without bricking the device due to failed signing?

Are the optware repositories still actively maintained?

Thank you in advance for your troubles.
NetForceExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:47 AM   #3345
garbraest
garbraest began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 2
Hi , the links of PW2 is broken!
garbraest is offline   Reply With Quote