Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-08-2015, 11:30 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I am still on 4.2 on my TAB 2. 'No updates available' when I check.

I guess Samsung wants me to by a new TAB every 6 months. TAB 6 is the current model
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #17
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Well I think part of the issue is that Lollipop rollouts from the device makers is slow,

I'm a Nexus 7 (2012) owner and while there have been sporadic reports of some people getting the OTA upgrade, those are few and far between.
Yes, that is true, however I'm also a Nexus 7 (2012) owner, and that was a large selling device. Much more than the teeny % of users on Lollipop in that article would indicate, unless Google is also rolling it out extremely slowly. I think they may be... 5.1 is now being discussed as a February release- so why spend much time debugging 5.0 and 5.0.2...
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:34 PM   #18
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
That is a truly painful option. Before you do that, try wiping the cache partition:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...tion-wipe.html
NSILMike, thank you for that link. Just followed the steps and my N72013 is working much more smoothly now.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #19
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneD View Post
NSILMike, thank you for that link. Just followed the steps and my N72013 is working much more smoothly now.
Yes- I also do it occasionally to clean up after several app upgrades.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:13 AM   #20
NSILMike
Guru

I got lollipop OTA (5.0.2 and right from Kit Kat) on my 2012 Nexus 7 about 8-10 days ago. It immediately caused slow downs and severe lagging. It also caused some sort of battery charge problem. It would charge VERY slowly only when turned off- otherwise the battery charge dropped even when plugged in. Google support replaced it (same model) and it's fine now. No idea why one struggled and the other is fine...