Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-02-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
My EE is here!

I got it yesterday, but literally spent my entire day with it setting it up, syncing it to my old PE, and reading from it. I'm selling the PE on ebay now (I know I want it, but I live the life of a 19 year old college student, a poor college student). The Ermine install went without a hitch and immediately I wanted to see if I could experiment with the hibernation issue by installing my apps one by one to see if it is a common apps fault (mostly flash), but it froze up fresh from the start

Now having 0 internet crashes, I'll try to see if I can find a trigger for the EE browser crash problem. (I've been using dolphin HD from the from the start)

Oh also, this thing is a pdf manipulating tool in case you PE users didn't believe the others.

On another note, does anyone know a good note taking application for the lcd side that allows you to smoothly write notes with the stylus. I find ones that you can type with or that you can write with, but very slowly and beyond useless. Are there any good ones that will work efficiently? I would love to read and take notes (reading e-ink side, note taking lcd side). I could reverse the two and use the journal app fore note taking on the e-ink side, but I love reading on e-ink too much.

Loving this purchase ... erm ... I mean investment and I'm sure I'll have more questions eventually.

Thanks in advance guys n gals

mokel
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Congratulations, Mokel!!

I like your plan for taking notes on the LCD while reading (and perhaps annotating occasionally?) on the e-ink side. Hope someone can suggest a good app!

Now quit trying so hard to break it!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Cool, another EE owner, I hope to get one some day(unfortunately I live the life of a poor 18 year old college student lol(well, starting fall anyway)). As for the note taking app I like to use maple paint on my PE, it was available in the entourage app store, but thats gone now, maybe slideme or something similar has it... I'll check for a link...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:13 AM   #4
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
I have maplepaint already and thought to use it, but the file format it saves to forces me to jump through hoops in order to convert it to a format that I can easily organize with.

Also thanks for the contrast/advice. In addition filark, I'm not trying to break it, but if it may be inevitable, I might as well observe and report so we can try to fix or work around it =p
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entourage edge, note taking, review